Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Could I get pregnant from...?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could I get pregnant from...?
blahblah67890
Neophyte
Member # 93176

Icon 4 posted      Profile for blahblah67890     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend and I were having anal sex on the last day of my period. I was wearing a tampon and I had been taking my birth control exactly like I was supposed to before and since then except for one slip up afterwards. We stupidly didnt use a condom. It happened in the moment. He didnt think he was gonna come but he did and.... ejaculated inside me. A small portion of it got on my vaginal area and I quickly ran to the bathroom to wash it off. I have read in other places that you cant get pregnant on your period. But I am paranoid. It's been 22 days since that day and I am due to start my period soon. Is it possible that I could be pregnant considering all the factors I said above?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can still get pregnant on your period. How long after this incident did you miss a pill?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 863 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blahblah67890
Neophyte
Member # 93176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blahblah67890     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was 16 days later that I missed the pill.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then it's effectiveness for this risk was not compromised, so pregnancy risk is low. There was still a high STI risk, so if you both aren't up to date on STI screenings you'll want to make sure to do that.

Safe, Sound & Sexy: A Safer Sex How-To

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 863 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blahblah67890
Neophyte
Member # 93176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blahblah67890     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.