Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Where's my period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where's my period?
RenaMArie
Neophyte
Member # 70297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RenaMArie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay so my last period was November 6, till about November 9th i'd say. I had protected sex on November 12. November 16th i was in the hospital with a really bad pain on my left side, they pregnancy tested me and tested me for other things also, and everything came back normal. November 29, I had protected sex but we ran out of condoms and (stupidly) did it without. We went for a little while then he ejaculated and wiped it off and continued again not for long and he ejaculated some more and then we just stopped. So today is December 5, and my period is yet to come. My period normally comes before the date i had it the previous month if that makes any sense? So if I don't start tomorrow which is the 6th, does that make me late? And how long should i wait to take a pregnancy test?

--------------------
what goes around, comes around.

Posts: 30 | From: texas | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there, Rena. Before anything else, I need to remind you about this part of our user registration agreement for direct service like the boards:

quote:
We reserve the right to no longer answer a given user's questions on a given topic if:
• that user has already been answered, in depth by one or more staff and volunteers, but continues to ask the same question,
• We know that user to be a fraud or a user is identified as a previously banned user
• and/or if a user has had more than THREE pregnancy scares and/or STI scares we have addressed but continues to take risks which present those scenarios after we have advised them at least three times as to how to make safer choices.

So, you're past that point now, which means that when it comes to a pregnancy concern based on the same choices we've been talking with you about -- choosing to engage in unprotected sex -- this will be the last time we have this similar conversation.

That doesn't mean you can't ask and we can't talk with you about other things, including helping you and/or your partner make different choices so that this doesn't keep being a recurring issue. But when it comes to scares from freely choosing to engage in sex unprotected, we need to hold you to the same limit we hold everyone to. I appreciate your understanding that and all our other guidelines.

I don't know enough about your cycles over the last few months, at a minimum, to know if not having your period by tomorrow would make you late or not. How many days long -- from day one of a period to day one of the next -- are your periods usually?

But when it comes to pregnancy testing, to get the most accurate results, you either want to wait until a period is late or missed -- at least several days past the last day you'd expect to have it by, or until it's been a minimum of two weeks since a risk.

(I hope that you're okay and feeling better after that ER visit! And as we've offered before, I'd be happy to talk with you about how to make different choices so pregnancy is less of a risk, including how to set limits with and for yourself and your partner, or how to seek out and obtain another method of contraception besides condoms.)

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.