Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help!!
GiGi88
Neophyte
Member # 88354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so I got my period on Monday October 3, 2011- Oct 6. On October 14 I had sex (without a condom for about 4-5 minutes- no ejaculation) a condom was then used for the rest. Within 72 hours I took Plan B One Step just in case. A week later on October 24 I got my period again (about a week and a half early) I know Plan B can mess with your cycle and mine isn't too regular (28 days) to begin with. Its now November 24, a month since my last period and I have not gotten it yet. Could I be pregnant. I don't really have any symptoms- no sore or swollen breasts, no frequent urination. The only thing I noticed is lower back pain and some "period-like" cramps. I know these can be either signs that your period is coming or early pregnancy symptoms. I know the easiest way for me ti find out would be to take a pregnancy test but I just wanted some advice before doing so. I'm really psyching myself out and this is probably just in my head because I'm sure its way too early to notice this but I feel like my stomach is getting bigger. I'd really appreciate any advice. thanks so much
Posts: 4 | From: New York | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you had a pregnancy risk since your last period?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi88
Neophyte
Member # 88354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. The last time I had sex was on Oct. 14 and got my period on October 24 (but it was a week and a half early- I got it a week after taking Plan B. But its been a month since I got my period and have not gotten it yet.
Posts: 4 | From: New York | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A period means that you are not pregnant, even if it was early. If you had that period early, that might explain why this one seems late - this one might be coming at your regular time.

As you've had a period since your pregnancy risk (which would only have been a tiny risk anyway, as you took Plan B) we can totally rule out pregnancy here.

It's common for our periods to take up to five years to become regular. Cycles aren't always the same length and we know that there are about a hundred things that can result in changes to someone's fertility cycle; including changes in diet, excercise and rest. So, no one should ever figure their cycle is set in stone, even when they are much older and their cycles have become regular.

[ 11-24-2011, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi88
Neophyte
Member # 88354

Thanks so much!
GiGi88
Neophyte
Member # 88354

Hi sorry to post again but I'm starting to get worried. I know the obvious answer to my problems would be to take a pregnancy test but I get serious anxiety over it and just like getting reaffirmation.. ok so now its December 4 and my last period was the end of October. I haven't had sex since October 14. I know I got my period after I had sex and I did use Plan B.. but where is my period!!!? As of yesterday my breasts feel sore, typically how they do before my period and today I've been urinating so much like 3 times within 2 hours. It might be all in my head but my stomach feels hard and looks bigger. Im not a small girl and my diet has sucked lately so I may have put on a pound or 2 but I'm so worried. Do you think there is any chance I'm pregnant? The risk was small and I did use EC but the whole 2 periods in one month thing and skipping November really freaked me out. And now that my stomach feels like this I'm really starting to worry. Please help!! thanks
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you had your period after your last risk there's not a reason to be worried. It's not possible to be pregnant and have a regular period. That said, taking plan b can mess with cycles a bit. That's likely the problem.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.