Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » How to wash yourself down there? P.S. sorry!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to wash yourself down there? P.S. sorry!
CaramelDream
Neophyte
Member # 87627

Icon 5 posted      Profile for CaramelDream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry again for the question. I'm already 14 but dont really know how should i wash myself to be ..cleaner and to prevent diseases and what not.

A few months ago, i wash REALLY throughly, including my vagina. [Razz] But when i went to see gynos, they said that i shouldnt do that, i just have to wash the outside. But they didnt tell what they meant by outside is it outside of labia majora, or outside of labia minora, or outside of my vagina.. [Confused]

And then, i just wash between my labia majora and labia minora, but not between my labia minora. But then i read that you have to or else your labia minora will fuse together!! [Eek!] Being a paranoid person as i am, i started washing between as well..

But then 2 or 3 months ago, i got a new phobia,the phobia of getting preggo.And no matter how MUCH i wash my hand i always feel that there would be some invisible sperm lurking on my hand....fear thet they'll get under my finger nails when washing my hand,erm.. can they actually? [Frown] But i still wash between the smaller lips anyway, since i tell myself there cant be anymore sperm on your hand if you wash it plus i didnt touch anything that have visible semen on it, so i better not let a irrational and unrealistic fear ,of getting prego, lead to real terror ,of fused labia and what not.

So i wish to know, how do you guys..i mean girls wash yours? I know this is really private..but i'm too shy to talk with my mum about it because you know, she's my mum. [Razz] So i hope you can share with me your methods. [Big Grin]

And can sperms get under your finger nails when you're washing your hand and then come out when you're washing your labia minora and then get you preggo? [Confused]

Thanks a lot!! [Smile]

Posts: 15 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No need to be sorry, it's fine to talk about vulvas and how to take care of them here. Your vulva is the whole outside of your genitals; your labia majora, labia minor, external clitoris and vaginal opening. The vulva only needs simple, gentle washing all over it. It is best to stick to gentle soap - but if you aren't sure that your usual soap is gentle, it may be best to stick to warm water for washing the outside if your whole genitals.

Sperm cells cannot survive on hands, so there's no possibility of pregnancy occurring in that situation.

There's also no chance of your labia fusing together, no matter how much or little you wash them. Sometimes they can become stuck together because of vaginal discharge, but that's perfectly clean and healthy and can easily be washed away.

[ 11-21-2011, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: RaeRay2112 ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaramelDream
Neophyte
Member # 87627

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaramelDream     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Thanks a lot!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15 | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.