Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Faint negative?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Faint negative?
cincosoles
Activist
Member # 42014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cincosoles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My now ex boyfriends condom slipped off (yes, same condom
Issues.we never found a good one but in a year only twice has one slipped all the way off.)

This happened About a week before my
Period was due. He noticed right
Away and had not finished. I got myself all worked up and took plan b, but about 48 hrs later...

My period came on the sixth. Mostly brown blood...noticed dark brownish red blood only once...lasted for a few days. I took two pregnancy tests during this time and both showed a very strong control line and a very fait negative line in thetest window. I have tried to Look up what a Faint line may mean but there Are so many brands, it's been hard and...scary. I used a two pack Kroger brand
Test. That shows a plus for pregnant and a negAtive
For not pregnant.

Is a negative line always a negative no matter how faint?

I know my actual risk was pretty low...but with such a weird
Period...and those two faint negative results...im a little unsure as to what that means.

Is it possible im pregnant? Should i take the tesf a third time?

Thanks for your insight....

Posts: 45 | From: US | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A negative line should be a negative line, regardless of whether it looked a little faint. But to double check, you can always get a test from another brand to see if that result is more clear.

But also does not sound like you had much of a pregnancy risk: if your partner did not ejaculate, you basically used withdrawal, which has a perfect use rate of about 96%, and then you backed that up with EC.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.