Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » can't get condoms to stay on!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can't get condoms to stay on!
audreytoo
Activist
Member # 58116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for audreytoo         Edit/Delete Post 
My partner use condoms, but on three separate occasions now, the condom slipped off inside me during intercourse. Luckily I take bcp carefully, but I depend on condoms for added protection and want to solve this problem!

We have tried several different brands. He puts it on carefully and leaves room at the tip. So I don't know what's going on. This has never been an issue with my previous partners. The only think I can think of is that he is small so the condom fits a bit loosely. Also, the intercourse can be quite fast/rough.

Is there anything else I can do?

Posts: 77 | From: U.S. | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which brands have you tried? Also, are you/he putting any lube inside the condom before putting it on? A drop is fine on the inside, but any more than that can contribute to a condom slipping off.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
audreytoo
Activist
Member # 58116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for audreytoo         Edit/Delete Post 
We haven't used any lube at all. We've tried Durex, Trojan, and Lifestyles.

This is so frustrating!

Posts: 77 | From: U.S. | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on which styles you've tried within those brands, you probably want to try the slimmer or snugger styles then if he's having trouble with slipping. Lifestyles makes one called Snugger Fit. Beyond Seven is another brand that's slimmer. (There are others as well, but I'm on my first cup of coffee and they're just not coming to mind right now.)

You also might want to try adding some extra lube to the outside of the condom (after he's put it on) and/or to you. That would reduce the exterior friction and keep it from getting hung up on you (if that's contributing to the slippage).

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.