Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Question about the pill and pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about the pill and pregnancy
music2myears612
Activist
Member # 42508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for music2myears612     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend had sex I don't even know maybe three weeks ago? It really hurts for me but at that time maybe we did it for a few minutes it felt alright but then started hurting too much so we stopped. We haven't had sex since and that was only maybe our third time, we've attempted it other times but it's hard for him to fit inside me. Anyways I have been on the pill so I wouldn't get periods but I ran out and don't think I took one that day and maybe a couple days after that or right before too, can't remember exactly. He didn't cum inside me but had gotten off before he went inside me, is there a chance he could have still had cum on me and I could be pregnant? We have both noticed that my breasts seem to have gotten bigger but I'm not sure when that happened and maybe it's in our imagination, not sure. If I missed a few days but re-filled my script and have been taking it ever since could I still be pregnant? Thanks
Posts: 108 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long ago did this happen?

If you miss pills, especially if you also don't make them up, then you always need to know that your pill is going to be less effective, at best, and may not be effective for you, period, at worst.

If that happened, but you two also used withdrawal perfectly -- your partner did not ejaculate and withdrew well before he was close to doing that -- then you can figure you at least had the protection against pregnancy that offers you. In perfect use, that's estimated as 96% effective in a year of use. However, if he had ejaculated just before the intercourse, then you're outside perfect use. In typical use, that method is found to be 73-84% effective in a year of use.

Things like noticeable breast changes are not at all likely to happen in very early pregnancy, but even in terms of knowing when and if you should test, it'd be helpful to know how long ago this happened.

But too, know for now that if you missed pills in a cycle then started the next one late, if you engage in intercourse again it is VERY important you use a backup method for at least once week of the new pill pack.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
music2myears612
Activist
Member # 42508

Icon 1 posted      Profile for music2myears612     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks it happened around 3 weeks to a month ago and I took a pregnancy test just to be sure, and not pregnant. [Smile] Thanks for the help. I'm not sure why my breasts are getting bigger though maybe I am gaining weight.
Posts: 108 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.