Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Period Midway through Yaz Pack?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period Midway through Yaz Pack?
music790
Activist
Member # 50578

Icon 4 posted      Profile for music790     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been taking Yaz for about 2 years now and have been very regular taking it--always getting my period during the placebo pills. However, this pack, I got my period about a week and a half before I was supposed to. It's not even light bleeding--its a pretty regular-heavy flow with cramps, back pain, and I'm breaking out. There was also daylight savings time, and I didn't change the time I took my pill, and was about half hour-an hour late these nights plus the time change. As well, I lost about 5 pounds recently because of all the physical activity I've been having to do as well as stress from midterms. What's going on with my body? Is something wrong? Is this a sign of pregnancy?? Help!!
Posts: 54 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you've already identified at least three different things that can create a change in a person's menstrual cycle.

Remember: the pill influences a cycle. It doesn't take it very completely. So, sometimes people on the pill will still have changes or fluctuations. And the most common symptom and first one of pregnancy is a lack of flow, not what appears to be a period or withdrawal bleed. So, no, I'd not presume this has anything to do with pregnancy.

But by all means, you can always test. The pill, like any method, isn't 100% effective, even used perfectly, so pregnancy is always a possibility, albeit a very small one when you're using pills correctly.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
music790
Activist
Member # 50578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for music790     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok thank you. I haven't had any sexual intercourse within 2 months. There was an instance during my last withdrawal bleed involving a possible indirect transfer from dried semen and then I wiped myself after going to the bathroom, but this is not likely for pregnancy to occur right?
Posts: 54 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, not at all. Think of dried semen, if you will, as being dead, and without the ability to become a zombie. (Or not: that might not exatcly be something you want to have in your head when around semen in enjoyable ways, sorry!) In other words, once it's at that point, it is not going to be able to create a pregnancy, because it can't reanimate.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
music790
Activist
Member # 50578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for music790     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly. This scenario was that it was wrapped up in a tissue, and I might have accidentally touched it, then wiped my self.. There's a lot of "mights" here though, so I don't think this is pertainable.
Heather
Member # 3

Yeah, I say to let that worry go. Pregnancy is simply not that much of a miracle. [Razz]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.