Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » terrified of precnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: terrified of precnancy
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmae12         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about two days ago my boyfriend and i were messing around and i ended up completely naked while he was still wearing boxers and mesh nike shorts. My question is if there is a chance of pregnancy if he did not come but we lightly rubbed against eachother? I got off of my period a week ago and was so freaked out i could get pregnant from this occurance that i took a plan be within 24 hours of the occurance. I know this is most likely a dumb question but i am freaking out. please help, thank you.
Posts: 19 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So he was wearing two layers of clothing the entire time? In that case, you do not need to worry about a pregnancy.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mmae12         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right two layers the entire time.. so there wasnt even a need for me to take the plan b?
Posts: 19 | From: texas | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There wasn't a need for Plan B, no. There's no harm in taking it though, even if it's just because taking it helps you feel less stressed. But in future, in a situation like this, it really isn't necessary.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5779 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

ok thank you very much you have no idea how much you have helped me calm my nerves .. i have nothing to worry about then?
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

i also have another question.. he said he did not ever get to the point where anything comes out.. so thats even less of a reason to worry right? because theres not a possibility of anything at all leaking through
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sperm cells cannot travel through two layers of clothing, it's not possible.

So, it doesn't matter whether he ejaculated or not because no sperms can get through the clothes.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

got ya. thank you.. im so impressed with how fast yall reply to questions
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as an fyi, though: anytime a male is aroused, there is also pre-cum present, which may contain sperm. So if and when you do get a point where there is direct genital contact, you'll want to be using condoms regardless of whether or not he ejaculates.

But, as RaeRay said, there's still no risk in the situation you described, as your partner was dressed.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9187 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

ohh ok i didnt know that! so i still have a zero risk? and just out of y own curiosity how are all the volunteers on here so knowledgeable? do yall all have some schooling about these subjects?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, there's no risk at all. And the volunteers vary with what our experiences are. We all have to have knowledge of the information on the site and keep up to date. As well, a lot of the volunteers work in the field, are studying for this field or a medical field, I myself am a teacher. But we also go through trainings here.

[ 10-27-2011, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

whew! even though i know i dont have a risk i still find myself worried and just waiting for my next period. and oh wow! So all of your information is highly accurate then?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our information is checked and updated regularly, and many of the articles do have links to other reputable sources. If one doesn't and you want to check the facts we can always point you to some other sources that do confirm what's being told. [Smile]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

no i believe all of you i think im just freaking out. all i can think about is waiting for my next period
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

mmae12: Considering how worried you've been and still are in this situation, AND knowing you didn't have a risk and took plan B as well, it may be time to start really considering whether or not you're really ready for any type of sex right now. Have a look through this, and then if you want we can talk about it, okay? Ready of Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readines Checklist.

--------------------

mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

I read over it and realize the reason im feeling so nervous and terrified about this is because i have always had strong religious beliefs about sex. and i guess because of those things beeing in my head all this time i think that anything can get me pregnant. is that ridiculous?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. Having fears like this when you're having an ethical conflict -- even if it's based in things you're not currently in conflict with yourself -- is really common.

Do you still have those beliefs? If so, is your sexual life in alignment with them? If it isn't, do you think you'd feel better if it was?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karilimeade
Neophyte
Member # 84606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karilimeade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i too have had religious upbringing and strong beliefs about sex, and not to downplay religion but it never helped me with the fact that the only sex talk i had with my parents was that it was a sin before marriage and me promising to save it. With that being said you are not ridiculous. i worry as well about getting pregnant and my parents still think i don't have sex. i'm 19 and it's my body no one can keep me from not having sex and i will just have to answer to God about it later but i am realizing now that i do need to do what i can to not get pregnant which means condoms and i have started taking birth control. I hope this helped even a little.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

I do still have those beliefs but I didn't think they would bother me as much if we only did things that couldn't get me pregnant. I've told my boyfriend about it and we haven't been doing anything but I still feel like I can't be completely normal and not worried until my next period comes
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

I do still have those beliefs but I didn't think they would bother me as much if we only did things that couldn't get me pregnant. I've told my boyfriend about it and we haven't been doing anything but I still feel like I can't be completely normal and not worried until my next period comes
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, how about for now you and your boyfriend maybe step things back so that there isn't any genital sex involved at all? And perhaps, in the meantime, you can spend some more time sorting out what YOU believe -- what your own values are, and whether or not they are the same religious values you grew up with or not -- and then, from there, try and re-figure what sexual choices you'd feel best about for now?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

That sounds like a plan, thank you very much. I honestly would have had no one else to talk to if it wouldnt have been for this site and i would still be thinking i could get pregnant through the 2 layers of close and with the plan b. thank you very much you were all very helpful and helped me to realize a few things about myself as well... annnd i feel like my period id about to come woop woop!
Heather
Member # 3

No worries, we're happy to help. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

I have a new question. 2 days After the situation I asked about in my first question i started birth control pills, my question is can i switch what time im taking them at if ive only been on them for a week or should i wait until i get a new pack?
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

What kind of pills are you on? Combination pill? Also, what kind of a change in time are you planning on?

--------------------

mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

um its the first ive ever been on so im not to knowledgable about them but it is ortho tri cyclen lo and i was planning on changing the time of day i take it
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

If I understand correctly, this is your first month taking birth control pills? If so, you can go ahead and switch the time. You cannot rely on the full protection of the pill during the first month, anyway, and will want to back up with condoms regardless.

If you want to change the pill time again in the future, though, you'll always want to wait until the first day of a new pack to do that.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

yes, this is my first month ever taking birth control pills. Im taking them more to hopefully regulate my period more than anything else and during anything my boyfriend and i have ever done there has been at the least two layers of clothes between us and theres not a need for a condom then right because that poses no pregnancy risk?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

As long as at least one partner is wearing at least one layer of clothing, you don't need to worry about pregnancy risks.

And once all clothes come off, you'll want to have condoms handy.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

mmae12
Neophyte
Member # 84516

ok well we wont be doing that anytime soon so weve got zero pregnancy risk correct?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.