Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » condoms and intimacy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: condoms and intimacy
adrian
Neophyte
Member # 49096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

I have a few questions regarding the proper use of condom. The scenarios is that my gf and i wants to have intercourse more than once a night. After which i cum the first time in the condom, how do i clean myself up to make sure she is safe of any "leftover" sperm that might be on my pubic hair or penis area? Or i have no need to clean myself up and just put on the new condom straight away?

Is it safe to just toss away the condom without washing myself up and sleeping in the same bed as my gf after intercourse?

Lastly, if i were to masturbate first before our intercourse, would it be safe as there will be sperm around my penis?

Thank you in advance!

--------------------
Regards,
Adrian

Posts: 8 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as you're wearing a condom for all genital contact, there's no need to worry about "leftover" sperm on your penis, because it will always be covered by a condom. And, if you remove the condom properly, there won't be any sperm on your pubic hair - condoms keep all the ejaculate contained, so unless that spills out somehow, there's no way for any to get as far as your pubic hair.

It's also perfectly fine to sleep next to your girlfriend after removing a condom without washing yourself; sleeping next to someone doesn't usually involve any direct contact between genitals. The same goes for masturbation before your have any kind of sex: as long as you wear a condom for intercourse, you're fine.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adrian
Neophyte
Member # 49096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for adrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldnt there be a slightest possible of genital contact when we sleep and cuddle together? Given that both are not wearing anything. Sorry for having so many questions

--------------------
Regards,
Adrian

Posts: 8 | From: Malaysia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's really not something you need to worry about. If you are, one of you wearing some kind of pajama bottom takes care of that.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adrian
Neophyte
Member # 49096

thanks a lot.. appreciate it.

--------------------
Regards,
Adrian

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.