Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Precum through clothes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Precum through clothes
helpme17
Neophyte
Member # 79720

Icon 9 posted      Profile for helpme17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey,

I know this question has been asked in your forums multiple times but I need someone to talk to. Last month I had my period from 16th August to 21st August. Then on the 26th of August my boyfriend and I were making out and things got heated. He was wearing boxer briefs and I was wearing panties and leggings (which I think are mostly cotton). He was grinding against my vaginal area for around 2 minutes and then we stopped. I read somewhere the only way precum through clothes can cause pregnancy is if clothes are sopping in semen and vaginal fluid. I tend to have a fair amount of vaginal fluid when aroused but he definitely hadn't ejaculated, it was only precum. Also, he hadn't ejaculated earlier in the day and had urinated multiple times. Is there any way at all that I could be pregnant from this incident??

According to the 'perfect' 28 day cycle my period was due on the 13th (5 days ago) but I have irregular cycles. My last 3 were 41, 38, 31 days long.

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid but I have no one to talk to. My boyfriend loves me alot and he hates to see me cry. He is convinced nothing happened and we've decided we're never doing anything like that again. I cant talk to my parents coz I come from a conservative background and its a big deal that they let me have a boyfriend at all. I'm really scared of disappointing them in case something horrible happens.

I hope I get a reply soon. Thanks a lot!

Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If both of you were wearing at least one layer of clothing each, there is no pregnancy risk.

These articles should help you out, too - why don't you read them together with your boyfriend?
Pregnancy Scared?
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpme17
Neophyte
Member # 79720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpme17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the quick reply!

I've read them a few times now, in fact every time I get anxious I go over the 'Pregnancy Scared' article.

So with the description I gave you (2 layers of clothing for me, boxers for him), you're sure theres no need for me to worry at all?

Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is absolutely no need for worry.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpme17
Neophyte
Member # 79720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpme17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for your reply. I know this sounds very foolish but I cant get the thought out of my head. I dont mean to undermine what both of you have said but is there any way Heather can address my question? What worries me is that if precum got through his boxers, my leggings were fairly thin (unlike denim which would lessen my fear) and if sperm got through the boxers and the thin leggings and through my moist panties, that would get me pregnant. I know it sounds completely absurd but there is no one i can talk to or voice my thoughts to, i hope you guys understand [Frown]
helpme17
Neophyte
Member # 79720

Can someone please address my query and talk to me more about it, i'm really freaking out [Frown]
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry you've been waiting on this. Heather is away from the boards for a few days, but honestly, she wouldn't give an answer any different to what we've been telling you. Sperm just honestly cannot make it through multiple layers of clothing, no matter what that clothing is made of: it doesn't matter that you were wearing leggings rather than something like jeans, it's the fact that there's fabric there at all that means pregnancy isn't possible.

Does that help at all?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpme17
Neophyte
Member # 79720

Hey

So I ended up getting my period on the 21st last month and everything was fine.

But i think the fear of pregnancy is very deep ingrained in me now. The following scenario is really freaking me out.

Last week on the 10th of october my boyfriend and i were making out and he was aroused. He was wearing jeans and underwear and i was wearing linen pants and underwear. We were only lying next to each other and our lower body area was touching each other but we were fully clothed all the time. Unlike last month's scare, there wasnt even any grinding. But we were both definitely aroused. Now this scenario is freaking me out too [Frown] I think i was ovulating at the time (or was going to very soon) because i'd been observing my cm which freaks me out even more.
I need someone to talk to me and tell me whether i should be worried at all. There were 4 layers of clothing between us at all times, we were only hugging while lying next to each other and maybe with him on top of me for a few seconds but there was no grinding at all and only precum and no ***. Please help [Frown]

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you have described here is nothing to worry about at all. Sperm cells cannot travel through 4 layers of clothing.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.