Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » AM I PREGNANT?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: AM I PREGNANT?
Char08
Neophyte
Member # 82276

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Char08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive been taking the pill for a year now, in august when i was meant to have a break for a week to have my period i didnt because i was away on holiday all month. the last time i had a NORMAL period was july 8th. i had sex on august 12th, as i said i was on the pill and we used a condom except it came off, i dont know whether or not he ejaculated inside me or not but i dont think he did. in september i was due to come off my pill on the 1st except for a week before that i had been getting bleeding, very light but consistent, this carried on till around the 6th september. it got a tiny bit heavier in the time i was supposed to be having my period (1st onwards) (i dont know whether this is a missed period or not) so then i started to worry! i havent had many symptoms, i have been constipated but had no nausea or tender breasts. i started re-taking the pill on 15th so finished on the 6th october, it usually takes me 2 days to come on after i have stopped the pill so was therefore due on today saturday 8th october, but as of yet i havent come on. i have done much more exercise this week than i ever do so this could be a reason but it might be because im pregnant, and im really worrying- i am so embarrassed to tell anyone and am nervous to go buy a pregnancy test so thought i would post on here to see if it is likely/possible if i am pregnant. i would really appreciate speedy, helpful replies. thank you sooo much. charlotte xxx
Posts: 1 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given you had bleeding from the 1st through the 6th AND then heavier bleeding sounds like you had some spotting then your withdrawal bleed. I'm not seeing a reason to worry here. (Also just adding in here if you didn't check in with your doctor before skipping your withdrawal week off the pill you want to do that in the future) but the off schedule is likely due to the change from not having been off the pill when your body expected it.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.