Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Questions and Concerns.... Help ASAP! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Questions and Concerns.... Help ASAP!
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcakedoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Scarlet teen,

I have read your articles about pregnancy scares and still am being silly and have questions.

As of recently for the past few days my very good friend and have entered a sexual relationship. We have been using protection everyday, and have been tested.
My only concern is that today, while we were finishing he ejaculated on my chest. Then during oral sex a few minutes later (sperm was cold by then) while the cum was still wet without realizing it I actually touched myself (clit not vagina)

I have been on birth control for 2 years previously, stopping as of recently. However five days ago I started taking it once again. (Thursday August 4th)
We have used protection every time we've had sex, but I can't recall if this is a pregnancy risk or if I'm just being silly. : \

I know I am probably overreacting, but I would like some reassurance. Should I purchase plan B since this was a slight risk? Or am I safe on the pill for now?

I hope to hear from you soon, thank you very much for reading.

Posts: 101 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So he ejaculated on your chest? Nowhere near your genital area? That does not pose a pregnancy risk.

Though you do want to continue to use condoms for all genital contact until you've been back on the pill for one full pack, as it can take about that long for the pill to reach full effectiveness.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cupcakedoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by September:
So he ejaculated on your chest? Nowhere near your genital area? That does not pose a pregnancy risk.

Yes the act of ejaculation happened on my chest, then about 4-5 minutes later when it was cold I accidently touched it then my clitoris (,maybe a little more skin that is under the clitoris too) but did not go anywhere hear my vagina since he was already fingering me,
Also he did finish one time inside me, but he was wearing a condom.

(whew) so there is no reason to fret and run out today and purchase plan B because of this, right?

A;so I have another question, how long should one wait for being on the pill to not use a condom?

Posts: 101 | From: United States | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An incidental touch that *might* have happened minutes later likely would not produce a risk. It does not sound like this would be a pregnancy risk.

Per your other question, we generally advise waiting one full cycle/pack of pills before relying on them to provide complete protection. It just helps to leave a buffer for you to get in the habit of taking them correctly and for your body to adjust. Do keep in mind though that the pill offers no STI protection, so you'd want to make sure that both you and your partner have been tested (preferably at least twice while you've been monogamous and using barrier methods).

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
Originally posted by KittenGoddess:
An incidental touch that *might* have happened minutes later likely would not produce a risk. It does not sound like this would be a pregnancy risk.

Per your other question, we generally advise waiting one full cycle/pack of pills before relying on them to provide complete protection. It just helps to leave a buffer for you to get in the habit of taking them correctly and for your body to adjust. Do keep in mind though that the pill offers no STI protection, so you'd want to make sure that both you and your partner have been tested (preferably at least twice while you've been monogamous and using barrier methods).

Dear KittenGoddess & September,

Thank you so much! you both have eased my mind so much, I greatly appreciate it. I wouldn't know what I would do if this site didn't exist!
I will make sure both of us are tested, due to the fact that we want to be safe with or without condoms. : )

Though I have another question, in your opinion would it be alright if I skipped my first period on the pill, and start my second pack right when my period is supposed to start? Or should I not do that since my body would get confused ...? It's been so long since I've been on the pill that I can't recall if I can skip a period or not (I never did previously though)
Sorry I'm asking so many questions!

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing to do would be to call the health care provider who prescribed the pills for you and ask them. You never want to mess with any medication without clearing it with your doc first. They may say it's fine or not. Either way, remember that skipping placebos may not guarantee a skipped withdrawal bleed...especially since this is your first month and your body is still becoming accustomed to the extra hormones.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

I just remembered I am taking Doxycycline which I just realized is a antibiotic... today I've been experience cramps in my lower abdominal and slight spotting (with a light brown discharge)

Should I purchase plan B still? or is too late? I'm sorry I'm kind of freaking out!

I'm using the birth control Sprintec; started it on the first day on my period, Today I'm on the 7th day (today) I had sexual contact on the 3rd-5th day of my first pack.

We used condoms throughout genital contact, I don't know why I'm freaking out : [

[ 08-10-2011, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: cupcakedoll ]

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

You'd want to call your pharmacist to ask about the antibiotic...but I believe that Doxycycline is on the list of antibiotics that are believed to potentially impact BC effectiveness. For sure you want to use a backup method for all contact until you're off the antibiotic.

If you've used condoms for all contact though and haven't had any breaks/etc., there's no need for an emergency contraceptive at this point though. Even if the efficacy of your birth control were compromised by the antibiotic, you backed it up with condoms which did their job.

--------------------
Sarah Liz

cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
Originally posted by KittenGoddess:
You'd want to call your pharmacist to ask about the antibiotic...but I believe that Doxycycline is on the list of antibiotics that are believed to potentially impact BC effectiveness. For sure you want to use a backup method for all contact until you're off the antibiotic.

If you've used condoms for all contact though and haven't had any breaks/etc., there's no need for an emergency contraceptive at this point though. Even if the efficacy of your birth control were compromised by the antibiotic, you backed it up with condoms which did their job.

We used condoms throughout genital contact, however the wet sperm and touching of clitoris a few minutes later still makes me extremely nervous. And now I believe its past the time to purchase plan B.... I still think Im freaking out over nothing... : (
Sorry...

I've been cramping and light signs of blood in my discharge (ranging from dark brown to light signs of blood -ex: blood when you blow your nose-)
Am I overreacting or...?

Sorry once again, I know I'm probably freaking out over nothing... but still.
thank you once again

heinolanda
Neophyte
Member # 73564

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heinolanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How qualified are these volenteers?

--------------------
xoxo
Gossip girl

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
Originally posted by heinolanda:
How qualified are these volenteers?

Sorry what?
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

And another question! (really?)

I have stopped taking Doxycycline, and still continuing with my birth control every morning.

However now I am experience bleedings in my discharge, ranging from a light brown to a dark brown with spots of heavy blood. This is accompanied by cramps in my lower abdominal area.

I know I didn't have a pregnancy risk due to previous posts, but is this caused due to the reason that my body is having a delayed reaction to the antibiotic? Or is it just my body acting up and being a pain? I'm not supposed to start my withdrawal bleeding until 9 days from now... though I'm going to skip it and go straight to my second pack.

Now since I've never skipped a period before, to be honest I don't know what to expect. Is one allowed to have sexual contact while skipping their withdrawal week? Or is the risk higher than usual to become pregnant during that time? Sorry, this is my first time actually skipping a period while on birth control~ better to be safe than sorry right?

Sorry for all the questions. hope to hear from you soon! Thank you once again for answering all my questions~

NOTE:

The last time I had sex was August 6th - 8th, condoms were used each time.

My last period was August 3rd, however I took BC the first day of my period... so I officially haven't had a period due to the reason I stopped it with birth control~

[ 08-16-2011, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: cupcakedoll ]

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
heinolanda: not sure why you're putting that in this user's thread and noticed you also let that question in the Sexpert Advice queue.

But you -- or anyone else -- can find out who answers questions here and what our backgrounds are by clicking on these links listed in various places on the site:
• http://www.scarleteen.com/the_scarleteen_staff_volunteers
• http://www.scarleteen.com/about_the_sexperts

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cupcakedoll: there can be so many reasons for unexplained vaginal bleeding or unusual discharge that it's really best to check in with a healthcare provider in person who can take a look and run tests, if they think that's needed.

But some possibilities are things like infections or breakthrough bleeding (which can always happen with hormonal methods, but is more likely with things like using BC to suppress periods or use of antibiotics). As I understand it you both skipped your placebo week and used antibiotics. Do I have that right? If so, I'd expect spotting or mid-cycle bleeding, just from the first.

Suppressing periods with hormonal methods doesn't make the method any less effective. Only missing active pills or taking them late is the issue with that: missing placebo pills/week-off periods is not.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
Originally posted by Heather:

As I understand it you both skipped your placebo week and used antibiotics. Do I have that right? If so, I'd expect spotting or mid-cycle bleeding, just from the first.

Suppressing periods with hormonal methods doesn't make the method any less effective. Only missing active pills or taking them late is the issue with that: missing placebo pills/week-off periods is not.

I suppressed my first period starting August 4th, since my pill requires for me to start it on my first day of it.
I'm planning to suppress my second period (supposed to happen August 24th - 30th)

But as of this week I've been having cramping, and having light-medium blood discharge. I stopped taking my antibiotics more than a week ago... so I don't know what my body is doing at the moment. Maybe making up for lost periods? (laughs)

Is it trying to make up for the period it lost the first week of August? Though since I'm bleeding now and just finished my 2nd week of pills (1st pack) should I not expect period like symptoms when I'm supposed to get it?
I hope my questions make sense~ thank you so much for answering them all so far~!!!

[ 08-17-2011, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: cupcakedoll ]

Heather
Member # 3

When people suppress periods like you did it's common to still have some bleeding or spotting and some menstrual symptoms. That usually happens less often for people who do that routinely (who have for many months or years), but even then, it can still happen. Suppressing doesn't usually result in there being no lining to be shed, after all, and when there is excess, it still needs to shed itself out.

There's no telling what to expect, that's just part of the deal when you suppress. Doing that involves making the choice to have things like this be more up-for-grabs.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
When people suppress periods like you did it's common to still have some bleeding or spotting and some menstrual symptoms. That usually happens less often for people who do that routinely (who have for many months or years), but even then, it can still happen. Suppressing doesn't usually result in there being no lining to be shed, after all, and when there is excess, it still needs to shed itself out.

There's no telling what to expect, that's just part of the deal when you suppress. Doing that involves making the choice to have things like this be more up-for-grabs.

Thank you so much, this greatly helps me. To be honest I have been freaking out because I'm not supposed to start my placebo pills till next week (but I'm skipping it and moving on to the second pack of BC)
So should I consider this my period this month? Even though I just started the 3rd week?

Heather
Member # 3

I'd figure you just didn't have a period this month expressly because you suppressed. That's what you meant to do, and lo, that's what happened.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
I'd figure you just didn't have a period this month expressly because you suppressed. That's what you meant to do, and lo, that's what happened.

Okay, that makes complete and total sense~ : )

So basically, my body is being silly and saying something along the lines of
"OMG YOU STOPPED YOUR PERIOD? I WAS ALL READY FOR IT TOO! YOU MUST HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW DURING YOUR FIRST BC PACK, EVEN THOUGH YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE ONE TILL PLACEBO WEEK~ HAHA I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU FREAK OUT : D"
silly ovaries.

Thank you so much~~ I don't know why but I tend to freak out over silly things as such. Especially when I'm having sexual contact with someone and wasn't expecting to have period like symptoms etc.
I can assume I'm not pregnant since we've used condoms with birth control (even when I was on antibiotics one week ago) so I think it might also relate to that, even though I stopped taking them for now. I take my pill every morning, and haven't missed any days.. so I think I can rule out the likelihood of being pregnant.
It's just annoying to have a "full on period" when you're not even on placebo week (not to mention scary!) Because this has been going on for about 8 days now, which I'm hoping it stops soon when I start my second pack of birth control.

Thank you all so much, you really don't know how much this site means to me.

Heather
Member # 3

Heh. Something to that dgree, yeah.

Or, something like, "YO! I get you didn't want to shed that lining when it was going to happen, and I tried to go with your schedule, but it just didn't work out. I had some, it wasn't gonna wait, just like if you really have to pee, you need to go eventually or it's going to start tricking out."

[Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
Heh. Something to that dgree, yeah.

Or, something like, "YO! I get you didn't want to shed that lining when it was going to happen, and I tried to go with your schedule, but it just didn't work out. I had some, it wasn't gonna wait, just like if you really have to pee, you need to go eventually or it's going to start tricking out."

[Smile]

(laughs) that makes complete sense. silly body ugh.
It's just annoying because now it's gone into full blown heavy flow period which it totally shouldn't be doing since I have vacation time literally tomorrow. : [ though is it normal for this to go on for longer than 9 days? I still have 6 days left of my first pack! Then I'm skipping my placebo week and going onto my second pack.

I know this sounds strange, but is there any way for this process to hurry up? I've never had bleeding like this before, and for this long while on the pill.

Also I shouldn't count this as my period for August, since I'm having my period now, not when I'm on the placebo pills correct? So this bleeding I'm having now, doesn't count as my period.. right? Just making sure. It's sure annoying since it looks, and feels like a heavy blown period when I'm not supposed to have one. : [

Since I'm bleeding now *(even though I'm not supposed to) is this a sign that I'm not pregnant? I highly doubt I am due to earlier posts, and my period like symptoms.. but I was wondering if I should buy a test or not. (I think it'd be a waste of money.. but it might put my mind at ease as well..)
Hope to hear from you soon, thank you so much for answering all my questions~!

Heather
Member # 3

Seriously, this is kind of the thing about suppressing menstruation. What happens when people do can be totally scattershot. I know a lot of folks think that, instead, it'll mean no bleeding, no period, etc. but it often doesn't go that way. Sometimes people get a period anyway, right when they expected one. Sometimes people have spotting or light bleeding for a while. Sometimes people have period-level bleeding mid-cycle.

There are a few reasons I personally don't recommend this for young people, but this is one of them. More often than not, it just seems to me that what someone does with the aim of convenience winds up being anything but.

You can't control what's going on now, no. You just have to ride it out. Mind, if you're not current with STI tests, I'd get current, just to rule out this being about an STI, but it seems most likely it's about suppressing to me. And if this bleeding keeps getting heavier, instead of lighter, I'd call into your healthcare provider and see what they want to do, if anything.

Like I said before, pregnancy seems very unlikely and yes, this much bleeding that's from the uterus is usually going to be an indication someone is not pregnant. But given you're worrying this much, I think that ten bucks from a test could probably be very well spent, you know? It's certainly cheaper than therapy! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

Quick questions!!

My friend and I had sex today, without a condom for the first time. I have been on birth control since August 3rd (just finished three weeks in first pack, skipped placebo week; now on 2nd day of second pack)
He did not ejaculate inside me, however we did have sex without condoms twice in one day.

We both have been tested, and neither of us have STDS. But I need to ask, should I purchase Plan B due to I'm only on my second pack of birth control? Or is it not needed since birth control is protecting me...? Since he didn't ejaculate inside of me, I don't know if Plan B is actually needed.

Thank you so much for reading, hope to hear from you soon!

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your pill should be effective by the second pack. Since Plan B works in the same way as the pill, taking it won't likely lower your risk.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
Originally posted by KatWA:
Your pill should be effective by the second pack. Since Plan B works in the same way as the pill, taking it won't likely lower your risk.

So I'm protected and had a low risk of pregnancy correct? I've taken my pill at the same time everyday (the worst I've done is taken it 1 hour to 45 minutes before)
So i don't need to fret and purchase plan B, since Birth control is doing its job now~ at least thats what I'm understanding : )

cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

Just making sure (since I want to be 100% positive) my risk of pregnancy is low in this situation as long as he doesn't ejaculate inside of me, correct? Or am I mistaken?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, your pregnancy risk here is very low, as you've been on the pill for more than a month and also practiced withdrawal.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

I am now just finishing the first week of my second pack of pills.
We've had sex without condoms a few times, and he has never ejaculated inside of me (we have been using the withdrawal method) I take my pill every single day at the same time, so I know for a fact I shouldn't fret about pregnancy as of yet.

But I am curious, if he ever did ejaculate inside of me what should I do? I know birth control stops ovulation and thickens discharge etc... but I actually don't know what one should do when the act of ejaculating inside happens.. can one become pregnant if this happens while on birth control?
I hope this question makes sense, thank you so much for answering all of my questions thus far!

[ 08-31-2011, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: cupcakedoll ]

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, one can always become pregnant when having the kinds of sex that create pregnancy, the only thing you can do is either not have those kinds of sex, or reduce your risk of getting pregnant.

Since you are using two methods, your risk is very low, and if one fails (ie, if he ejaculates in you) that is what your backup method (the birth control) is for. If you don't like the risk of ejaculation, you can use condoms instead of withdrawal, which would lower your risk more.

Birth control pills alone are very effective, though, so it's just a matter of how much risk you feel comfortable with. The pill is 92% effective with typical use and 99.7% with perfect use.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

Dear Scarlet teen,

Thank you so much thus far for helping me~ I greatly appreciate it.
I have another question about my period.

I've been on birth control for 2 months, and today is my last day of pills, and tomorrow I start my placebo pills.
This will be my first withdrawal bleed since I started my pills since I stopped my first month placebo pills and went straight to my second pack of birth control.

During this second month my partner and I have been having sex without condoms; however he has never finished inside of me. I take my pills every single day at the same time. So I don't need to worry about pregnancy I believe....

However I have noticed that I haven't had any signs of my period coming along. I haven't had any cramping, or spotting, which I usually have at the end of my pack each month...
I am getting a little nervous, even though I know I shouldn't be. Isn't it true that it takes a few days for the placebo pills to work if you're having your "first" withdrawal bleed? I'm planning to purchase a pregnancy test by the third day of my placebo pills if I haven't started my period. (even though I'm a perfect user on birth control, I am a little nervous..)

Thank you so much for reading~

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi cupcakedoll,

Sometimes it can take a few days for your withdrawal bleed to start when you come off the active pills. When I was on the pill, it would usually take about 4 days for my withdrawal bleed to begin. You can definitely take a pregnancy test after a few days though if it would make you feel better.

If you are still worried about pregnancy using the pill and withdrawal, you could look into doubling up your protection by using the pill and condoms instead. The pill + condoms are 99.99% effective at preventing pregnancy with perfect use and 98.8% effective with typical use.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
Originally posted by -Firefly-:
Hi cupcakedoll,

Sometimes it can take a few days for your withdrawal bleed to start when you come off the active pills. When I was on the pill, it would usually take about 4 days for my withdrawal bleed to begin. You can definitely take a pregnancy test after a few days though if it would make you feel better.

If you are still worried about pregnancy using the pill and withdrawal, you could look into doubling up your protection by using the pill and condoms instead. The pill + condoms are 99.99% effective at preventing pregnancy with perfect use and 98.8% effective with typical use.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much, and just checking this perfect pill usage + withdrawal method is 99.7% effective correct? ... or was it 97%... am I off by a lot? lol
I know I shouldn't worry about being pregnant, but there is this little small cloud of doubt in my mind that always freaks me out, when I know I shouldn't be freaking out in the first place. : \
Next time we are sexually active, I'm going to tell him I'd like to use condoms after this. Since to be honest; I quite dislike the fact that I get to freak out and he doesn't. lol
Thank you so much~

[ 09-14-2011, 11:44 AM: Message edited by: cupcakedoll ]

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad I could help!

The pill + withdrawal = 99.98% effective with perfect use - 97.84% effective with typical use.

Here's the article with all the stats on doubling up: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

I think a lot of people experience little what-if doubts regarding pregnancy even when you know you're doing everything you can to be safe. I get that too. You're definitely not alone!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cupcakedoll
Activist
Member # 41350

quote:
Originally posted by -Firefly-:
Glad I could help!

The pill + withdrawal = 99.98% effective with perfect use - 97.84% effective with typical use.

Here's the article with all the stats on doubling up: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method

I think a lot of people experience little what-if doubts regarding pregnancy even when you know you're doing everything you can to be safe. I get that too. You're definitely not alone!

Thank you SOOO much, I can't explain how much this site means to me in words : [
[hugs tightly]
Thank you from the bottom of my heart~ now I can rest easy and hopefully my silly period will come sooner than later ... even though I hatehatehateee it lol

[ 09-14-2011, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: cupcakedoll ]

-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

I'm so glad we could help! To help you rest easy, I recommend eating something delicious, reading a favourite book, spending time with friends or laughing at silly animal videos. All of the above is also good [Smile]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.