Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Please help me :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help me :(
Yesterday's gone.
Neophyte
Member # 75329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yesterday's gone.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know i've posted here before about an impossible pregnancy risk and I posted again about how I can stop worrying now and for the past few weeks, i've completely forgot about it and moved on but now with my period approaching in a week's time, I cant help but feel anxiety again.
I feel nausous and constipated and I know thats probably nothing to do with pregnancy and im just sick, I still cant help but feel worried again.
Im going away on a family holiday next week and I really want to enjoy it but I cant even look forward to it because Im worrying again.
I know im being completely stupid but I just dont know what to do.
I cant even talk about it with my boyfriend because we're fighting at the moment but I dont think even he could help me right now.
Why cant I just accept I cant be pregnant?
I really just want to forget about it now.
Im just so paranoid and scared and keep thinking what if?

Posts: 34 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you thought about taking a pregnancy test, just to see that negative result? Sometimes that can help a lot, having concrete evidence right in front of you that you're not pregnant. (And you're not, I promise - you had no risk to begin with, AND you had a period last month. Pregnancy really isn't possible.)

Also, have you seen this article? Chicken Soup for the Pregnancy Symptom Freakout's Soul

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesterday's gone.
Neophyte
Member # 75329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yesterday's gone.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think i'm going to have to take pregnancy test, its the only way to convince myself. What would be the accuracy of pregnancy tests?
I know I had my period last month, and that did convince me up untill now, but i'm starting to think back, and seeing how it was lighter than usual and then i've been reading articles online about how people have had normal periods with clotting and everything and still became pregnant because it was actually implatation bleeding. I know its completely wrong, but readinf them isnt helping.
The internet is a scary place to go looking for reassurance.
And yes, I just read that article now, I guess i've been feeling sick and bloated lately and with the holiday coming up, I started to freak out again. But that has helped.

Posts: 34 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesterday's gone.
Neophyte
Member # 75329

But also, I dont really have the money for a pregnancy test...what could I say to my parents for the money? How much would a good one be?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests are very accurate when used correctly, and they also don't need to be expensive. Since they all work the same way, you can buy the cheapest one you find, and the result would be just as reliable. And why don't you ask your boyfriend to pitch in? He's part of this too, after all.

Here's some more info on pregnancy tests:
Peeing on a Stick: All About Pregnancy Tests

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesterday's gone.
Neophyte
Member # 75329

Yeah, well he's been offering to buy one for me, so I might buy one today with him if I can.
Okay, thank you for the help. I know i'm being so insane right now, but I just cant help it.

Yesterday's gone.
Neophyte
Member # 75329

Okay, so I bought a pregnancy test, its a clearblue one. When should I take it? Or what would be the best time to?
Yesterday's gone.
Neophyte
Member # 75329

Okay, I have one more question, I found blood on my panties today...I havent taken the pregnancy test yet but its definitetly not my period, because theres no more blood, its also a brownish colour...what does that mean??
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests should be taken when a period is missed or around 14 days after the risk.

Blood sometimes will be found between periods. If brownish it's clearing out of your system. If you start to notice it more than once, or more often between periods you want to check in with your doctor.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesterday's gone.
Neophyte
Member # 75329

Okay, I also have a yeast infection at the moment, could it be linked to that?
I think i've had it maybe once before about a week ago, but thats it.

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it can be linked to that. If you haven't yet seen a doctor about that infection, you'll want to.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yesterday's gone.
Neophyte
Member # 75329

Okay, well i've sorted out the whole yeast infection, and everythings fine. I also took the pregancy test today and obviously, it came out negative. Now im just impatient about waitiing for my period to come! I was hoping I would get it today but I didnt and I just need to have my period to calm my anxiety.
Sigh....this is very hard to let go of.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.