Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Naked dry humping pregnancy risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Naked dry humping pregnancy risk?
imaginarylight
Neophyte
Member # 77274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imaginarylight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone. I'm not being an idiot, I've just seen all different answers and want to know the most likely one. Today my boyfriend and I were dry humping naked (if you'd call it that). We didn't do it for very long and he didn't ejaculate, or even come close to it. We were rubbing against each other with my saliva on his member as lubricant, so I don't know if there was any precome... I just got off my period a couple of days ago. Is it possible to become pregnant this way? Please and thank you
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you were both naked and there was direct genital contact, it's not dry humping. And yes, that does pose a pregnancy risk. If your partner did not ejaculate, the risk is fairly small, but it's there.

Unprotected genital contact also poses STI risks. Are you two up to date on your STI checks?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imaginarylight
Neophyte
Member # 77274

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imaginarylight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we are both 17 and technically virgins. Neither of us have done anything at all with anyone else. But I don't know if that eliminates STI risks.. I don't think he's ever been checked, and neither have I. Is there anything I can do to slim these risks? Thank you very much.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If neither of you has ever had any sexual contact, then your STI risks are very slim. However, there are STIs that can be transmitted non-sexually, so the risk is never zero. Why don't you two start by getting your first check-up, and then start using condoms consistently for all genital contact? That's the best way to reduce the risk of STI transmission.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imaginarylight
Neophyte
Member # 77274

Sounds good to me. I know I'm not going to be doing that again without a condom. Lol. That just happened last night, is there anything I can do to slim the risk of pregnancy? And do you know how slim the chance is taking into account that I just got off of my period and the other details I mentioned? Sorry for bombarding you with questions! Thank you!!
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Unless you have been charting your period (checking basal temperature and cervical mucus daily), it's hard to guess where you're at in your menstrual cycle.

What we do know is that you had unprotected genital contact, so we can figure that you've got about the risk of withdrawal, which when practiced perfectly is about 96% effective.

That's a fairly small risk. If you want to do something, you can take EC, but given how low your risk was, EC won't do very much to decrease it further.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

imaginarylight
Neophyte
Member # 77274

Alright. I guess I'll just have to wait it out, because I highly doubt I can get my hands on an EC. I feel a lot better now, you've been extremely helpful! Thank you very much, I'll let you know how it goes or if I have any more questions. [Smile] Thank you.
imaginarylight
Neophyte
Member # 77274

Okay, Joey. I know it's a little (okay, extremely) soon, but I need some serious reassurance. I keep seeing pregnancy EVERYWHERE. Even before what happened yesterday. And I mean... EVERYWHERE.

-Yesterday morning I awoke from a dream about my mom dying. And later yesterday I took a nap and dreamt that my cat died. I know it's impossible to rely on dreams, but I've often heard that dreams of death can mean a baby is going to be born.

-Yesterday I was at Walmart with my boyfriend and we passed a mother pushing her baby in a cart. My boyfriend acknowledged them, turned to me and said, "Awwwwww. That baby was just looking at its mother with the happiest face, it was cute." It's not like we've never seen a mother and child in public, I'm sure we've seen a hundred of them while we've been together. So why would he say that now, of all times?

-Earlier today my boyfriend and I were watching TV at his house and there was a pregnant girl on the show we were watching. He made it a point to tell me she was pregnant... ?

-A few minutes ago I was in my kitchen eating and my dad turned on the TV in the living room and it was on the show 16 And Pregnant.

-Also a few minutes ago, my mom walked in the front door and the first thing she said to me was what my aunt is going to name her twins...

-Just now my mom and I were at the Taco Bell drive thru and the girl at the window was pregnant. I didn't notice it; my mom just said, "That girl is pregnant."

I know it seems a little absurd but... Coincidence? Or what? I'm seriously considering asking my boyfriend to buy me an EC tomorrow morning... [Frown]

imaginarylight
Neophyte
Member # 77274

So... I was an idiot and did it again, but still, same situation (no penetration or ejaculation) and this time he watched carefully, and we stopped when he said it was starting to feel good. And I know you never replied to my last post, but I am STILL seeing seeing and hearing about pregnancy every time I turn around. Please, I need some reassurance. I'm not supposed to get my period until late September, so waiting is going to be pretty hard.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I'm sure you're not an idiot, choosing to do something you know you feel really freaked out about strikes me as a choice not in alignment with what you know you need.

For now, you can't unring a bell. That means, you need to wait this out and just deal with that. It might help, looking at your last post, to choose to filter your media a bit. Otherwise, you can't control what people say, you know? There's pregnancy in the world. You're going to see it and hear about it.

But perhaps our best move here is to talk bout how you can make choices that don't freak you out? What do you think about taking genital sex off the table until this isn't so scary for you?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imaginarylight
Neophyte
Member # 77274

Yeah, I'm aware that pregnancy is out there everywhere. I guess I'm only really paying attention to it because I've been thinking about it. It just doesn't help, though, when I'm stressing so hard about it. But I understand.

I know it was a bad choice to do it again, I guess we just got caught up in the moment. And we were quite careful this time anyway. But you're right, it's best to deal with it. And yes, we're going to buy some condoms for now but actual intercourse isn't in the question anyway because I'm pretty sure I have a Bartholin's cyst.

Thank you for your help and understanding

imaginarylight
Neophyte
Member # 77274

Hey guys, I got my period. Just thought I'd let you know! Thanks for your help.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.