Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Miscarriage? Pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Miscarriage? Pregnant?
Stas
Neophyte
Member # 66819

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Stas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So here are some events that I'm praying are unrelated, but they've got me pretty worried because first I thought "Food poisoning!" then, "Pregnant!" then "Miscarriage?". Maybe you can help...

1. Last week my husband and I had sex.

2. Sunday I ate bad chicken.

3. I forgot two days of my BC pill. (Monday and Tuesday)

4. I was told by a pharmacist that I was "not safe" birth control wise due to my forgetfulness.

5. Every time I eat I feel extremely nauseous.

6. However, yesterday I (and I'm sorry for being gross), had a chunky blood instead of normal discharge out of the blue. It was like the last day period type, but (I know gross) chunky?

So I don't know if since I had sex before I forgot the pills I'm okay and my body is just reacting to the on again off again bc use, or if I was pregnant and had a miscarriage because of the random blood? I'm praying it's the first one...

Anyways sorry for the graphic-ness and I appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks,

Stas

--------------------
-Stas

Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The days you forgot your pill, that was Monday and Tuesday of this week?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stas
Neophyte
Member # 66819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it was.

--------------------
-Stas

Posts: 10 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, then it would have been too soon for you to miscarry because it would have been too soon for a pregnancy to even happen.

It might also help to know that miscarriage in early pregnancy -- within around the first month or so, usually is pretty much exactly like a menstrual period, which is why so many women who miscarry that early didn't even know they were pregnant or that they were miscarrying. Nothing would be "chunky" in any unusual way because there's really not anything TO be any different than with a normal period.

So, if you're having chunky, bloody discharge out of nowhere nowhere near the time of your period, I'd say it'd be wise to make sure you're current with your regular sexual health exams and to rule out something more likely for that, like an infection.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stas
Neophyte
Member # 66819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Whew*

Thank you SO much! I figured I was just being paranoid, but it really helps to have it confirmed lol. Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
-Stas

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.