Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » HCG, birth control, plan B

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HCG, birth control, plan B
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kindascared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! This will be an involved post and Im sorry in advance! I'm currently on the HCG diet, day three, using subingual drops. Im not sure if yall know anything about this, but its a diet where a person either gets injections or takes drops under the tongue and eats 500 calories a day with rapid weight loss. This is the second time ive done the diet, had amazing results the first time around My questions comes into play here, I had sex on Saturday night, the guy did not come. However, there was oral sex before, if this makes a difference, but again no ejaculation from the oral sex. I am on seasonique and have been for about 2 years, was on ortho for about 6 years before this. I take my birth control pretty regualrly. by this, I mean every day, during the week its at about 6 am due to work, weekends may be about 9 am. However, I am freaking out at the prospect of the HCG interacting with my birth control coupled with the sex with this guy, in which I really DO NOT want to become pregnant with his child. Ive read several places that HCG can cause a false positive, which leads me to freak out even more. Is Plan B warranted in this case? any insight at all will be extremely helpful
Posts: 127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given the regularity with which you take your pill, and the fact that your partner did not ejaculate, the risk of pregnancy here is very low, and I wouldn't say that Plan B is necessary. Whether HCG interferes with your pill is something to ask a pharmacist, however.

I have to say, this diet you're on sounds extremely unhealthy. 500 calories is so incredibly far from the amount you need every day to stay healthy, and rapid weight loss can cause a lot of health problems in the future. If you do need to lose weight (and that's something to check in with your doctor about) crash diets are really not the way to go about it, and I'd really urge you to rethink this diet plan.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kindascared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do need to lose some weight, and I agree this is probably not the healthiest way. However, it produces fantastic results, and I have dont it once before, ended the diet and continues losing with diet and exercise. Im just really worried bout the HCG and Seasonique, but all research Ive done says there should be not interaction. Then I started worrying about the "late pills" on the weekend, etc and seem to have some spotting today. I am about 2 or 2 1/2 weeks from starting my period, and I think this sometimes happens with the Seasonique. My body spots when it gets close.
Posts: 127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You do have a 3 hour window in which to take your pill and have it be "on time", so if you normally take it at 6, taking it at 9 occasionally isn't going to affect anything. The spotting you're having could be due to the HCG, since it is a hormone, or it could be from the Seasonique (spotting is very common with that pill in particular) but either way I don't see a reason to be concerned about pregnancy.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

You are amazing! You think I'd have this all figured out by now! Thanks again for wonderful, non-judgemental, sound advice!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.