Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Questions haunting me...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions haunting me...
Happy Girl
Neophyte
Member # 42686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Happy Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I have been in love with a guy for the last three years and he has just confessed he has also been in love with me - so I'm really happy and worried not to screw it up!

I have decided I want to have sex with him (he told me he is been wanting me for years, but I suppose he is expecting me to do something, to say something), but I have two questions that have been haunting me:

1. I understand from what I read that the first time for a girl might not be the best sex ever, but will he enjoy himself? Is the fact that I am virgin going to make sex less pleasurable for him?

2. Do I shave down there? I have read preferences are up to the man - but generally what is worse - him expecting me to shave and me not doing that or the other way round? I can't ask - if this is what you thougt about - I want to surprise him in saying "yes" to sex... so I can't ask what he prefers.

3. He is a lot older than me - and told me at some point - "I like you much and I feel very attracted to you, but I sometimes feel you deserve someone younger, so I don't know if I should make the next step." - what on Earth did he mean? Why does he consider a younger person can make me happied sexually? I don't get it - it is him that I like.

I didn't confess I like him yet - I plan to do it but these things really haunt me - can you shed any light?

Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Happy Girl

Posts: 1 | From: Spain | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen, Happy Girl!

The first sex, whether first ever or with a new partner, is not very likely to be your best sex ever. For sex to feel good, you need to experiment to find your buttons and those of your partner, and that's often a matter of trial and error.

So, whether or not you've had sex before shouldn't make much of a difference here: it will be new territory for your partner, too, and you'll both have feel your way into it.

However, it sounds to me like you're putting the cart before the horse here. Your friend doesn't even know yet how you feel about him, so it's a bit early to be talking about having sex. Why don't you take it one step at a time and discuss your feelings for each other, first, and then see how it goes. You'll also not want to go from zero to sex in one night: take your time, go at your own pace, and do only what you are ready for.

As far as pubic hair grooming goes: that is up to YOU. It's your body, after all, so you do what feels best to you.

And to your last question, that's only something you friend can answer you. Why don't you ask him what he meant?

Here are some more articles you may like to read:
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
First Intercourse 101
What's Sex?

[ 08-20-2011, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.