Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Possibly pregnant? Help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possibly pregnant? Help!!
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 9 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I've read up on most of the basics about pregnancy and how it can occur, and I've also been scanning these forums for similar situations, but I just want to post my particular question/situation anyways. I'm sorry for any repeats!!
I have two incidents that I feel like could result in a possible pregnancy. The first about a week and a half ago. My boyfriend and I were fooling around (fully clothed) in his car when he touched my clitoris and the skin slightly below it (not vaginal opening) with his hands for about 5-10 seconds max. When I freaked out and asked him about it later, he said that he had not touched his penis at all that night so there couldn't be any pre-ejaculate on his hands, but I'm still worried (neither of us has ever orgasmed before btw). The second incident was a couple of days ago. He and I were having dry sex (fully clothed). When we stopped to catch our breath (again, no orgasm), I noticed that the tip of his penis was peeking out from the top of his pants. I got scared because at some point, I know that he used his hands to rub me down there. He claims it was only through my shorts and that he didn't even touch my underwear, and that it wouldn't have mattered anyway because he never touched his penis with his hands; I'm pretty sure he's right, but I'm still scared.
Is there even the slightest chance of me getting pregnant from either of these incidents?? Also, if I decide to take a home pregnancy test, when should I take it, and what is the proper procedure for taking one?
Thank you so much for all your help!! This site has been extremely helpful to me.

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neither of those situations sound like the posed a pregnancy risk.

Have you checked out these articles yet? They may also help you out:
Pregnancy Scared?
Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

If you do want a pregnancy test to ease your worries, you'll want to wait until it's been at least two weeks since the last "risk". And pregnancy tests come with very detailed instructions, so you'll just want to closely follow those and you should be fine.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much!
I have another question. I've read on other internet forums that if two people are having dry sex in just their underwear, and if both persons' underwear is soaked in arousal fluids (pre-ejaculatory fluid and arousal fluid), then a pregnancy could possibly occur. Is this true?
Also, I'm still confused about pre-ejaculatory fluid. I've heard some people say that it does contain sperm on its own, and I've heard some people say that it will only have sperm if the person has ejaculated recently and has not urinated before the next sexual episode. Which is true?
Thanks again for your help [Smile]

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible when we're talking about ejaculation and vaginal fluids, but pre-ejaculation is a teeny bit of fluid, so it won't be soaking anything. Only a full ejaculation could possibly soak underwear to the point there is excess fluid, and even then it's unlikely. Usually, ejaculation is only a tablespoon or so of fluid. If you want to get a sense of how much that is with something of a similar consistency, put a tablespoon full of thin conditioner on a piece of fabric. You'll see what I mean.

In other words, when people are dressed, no matter the fluids, these risks are simply very unlikely.

Pre-ejaculate does not carry sperm cells by itself. What can happen is that it can pick up trace cells from a previous ejaculation.

But here's the thing: anytime you are having any DIRECT genital contact with your boyfriend's genitals or genital fluids, then you always need to figure there are possible pregnancy or STI risks. If you are NOT having that direct contact with either then those risks are not an issue (bearing in mind that things like oral sex and manual sex can still pose risks of infections, however).

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.