Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Questions about pre-ejaculate and strange discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Questions about pre-ejaculate and strange discharge
pocket_mouse_531
Activist
Member # 75601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pocket_mouse_531     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have another question. I've read on other internet forums that if two people are having dry sex in just their underwear, and if both persons' underwear is soaked in arousal fluids (pre-ejaculatory fluid and arousal fluid), then a pregnancy could possibly occur. Is this true?
Also, I'm still confused about pre-ejaculatory fluid. I've heard some people say that it does contain sperm on its own, and I've heard some people say that it will only have sperm if the person has ejaculated recently and has not urinated before the next sexual episode. Which is true?
One last thing (sorry about the number of questions!). For about a month now my vulva has been feeling somewhat itchy. It hasn't been constant; there have been stretches of about three to four days where it's itchy and then about three to four days where it feels fine. Today, I went to the bathroom and noticed that my discharge was still normal white color, but it was a lot globbier than usual and less liquidy. It kinda smelled (and please don't think I'm weird for saying this) almost like sourdough bread. Is this a yeast infection? And if it is, how did I get it and how can I treat it?
Thank you so much for all of your time!
Thanks again for your help [Smile]

Posts: 205 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok let me see if I can get all your questions...
1. No, you cannot get pregnant through your clothes, unless the clothes are like lace or something similar (very thin/lots of holes) and they are soaked in ejaculate. Read more about this here: Where DID I Come From? A Refresher Course in Human Reproduction

2. Recent studies have shown that pre-ejaculate does not have sperm in it, but that there can be some leftover if the person has not urinated since they last ejaculated. You might hear contradictory things about this because it used to be thought that it did contain sperm.

3. That does sound like a yeast infection yes. You should see your doctor to get it treated. You can get infections in many ways. The vagina keeps a very delicate balance, with various types of bacteria. If it gets out of balance, that causes an infection. Common causes are: douching, pantyhose and synthetic or wet undergarments without breathability, and diets heavy in sugar, simple carbohydrates or yeast.
Check out this article: Yeast Infections

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 876 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.