Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Protection question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Protection question.
LemonAndLimeSweets
Neophyte
Member # 47664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LemonAndLimeSweets     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I'm staying with my boyfriend next weekend and had a quick question about protection.

I'm on the pill (Microgynon 30ED) and have been for around 9 months. This month, however, I have missed 2 pills; one by 2 hours and the other by 11. Due to this, will we need to use a condom? or am I still protected? (I always take my pill at 8pm, give or take 5 minutes).

Thanks

Posts: 20 | From: Wales | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Taking a pill 2 hours late doesn't even count as "late" so you're certainly fine from that. The one that was 11 hours late is on the edge. If that happened more than 7 days ago, you can expect the full amount of protection from your pill. If it has been less than that, it's still unlikely that your effectiveness was significantly compromised.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LemonAndLimeSweets
Neophyte
Member # 47664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LemonAndLimeSweets     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou for the quick response (: Very helpful
Posts: 20 | From: Wales | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.