Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Pregnancy from pre-cum?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pregnancy from pre-cum?
DoodlesOx
Activist
Member # 75163

Icon 9 posted      Profile for DoodlesOx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I know its unlikely but im the type of person to just get paranoid and freak out.
So my boyfriend and I were naked, and we were sitting on his bed. We didnt do anything, I didnt touch his penis, he didnt touch my vagina. He didnt ejaculate but he had precum with he wiped off with his t-shirt. But there was some pre-cum on the bed, and im terrified that I maybe sat on it or when I accidently touched it, a few minutes later, without thinking I touched my vagina opening, but my fingers felt dry but still, is there any chance? His penis was also on my thigh and although I didnt feel any pre-cum, is there any chance I could be pregnant? We're both virgins so we havent had sexual intercourse. My period is due around the start of september and my last period finished around the 31st of July. Please help, i've been told by my friends theres no chance but I cant shake it off, I need to talk to someone who actually knows :S

[ 08-10-2011, 10:16 AM: Message edited by: DoodlesOx ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not something you need to worry about. Indirect transfer of ejaculate is unlikely to result in pregnancy, period, and when we're not even talking about that, but about pre-ejaculate, there's nothing to support that kind of indirect fluid contact being at all likely to result in pregnancy.

But if you're very worried about pregnancy, and you two have gotten to the point where you're both naked, and his penis in having contact with your thigh, it sounds like it might be smart to start talking about safer sex and contraception, and/or what you really do and don't feel comfortable doing, okay? Better to start talking about that before you start taking real risks than afterwards, which is all too often what happens for people.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoodlesOx
Activist
Member # 75163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoodlesOx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So theres no chance that I could be pregnant?

And yes, this had taught me a very good lesson, its a horrible feeling and I dont want to ever have to experience it. I will definitely be more safe in the future and since im young, I wont be having sex until a reasonable age and when im ready.

I cant seem to shake the fact that I dont need to worry, it was such a terrifying thought. [Frown]

[ 08-10-2011, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: DoodlesOx ]

Posts: 51 | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand.

That just isn't how pregnancy happens. For more, have a read here: Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoodlesOx
Activist
Member # 75163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoodlesOx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay thank you [Smile]
I feel much more relieved knowing im not pregnant [Smile]

DoodlesOx
Activist
Member # 75163

Okay, Im sorry Im disturbing again and I know Im being completely stupid but...
So you're absolutely sure that I cant be pregnant?

Im so sorry, this will clear my mind, im such a worrier :S

Heather
Member # 3

It's okay, but did you read through that piece? Of the ways it made clear pregnancy can happen, did any of those things occur?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

DoodlesOx
Activist
Member # 75163

No... I wasn't in any of those situations. The situation I described was the only one i've ever been in. So...I cant be pregnant. Right, I need to get that into my head!
Heather
Member # 3

Sometimes when we can't let a fear like this go, it's because we need to do something about it.

So, for instance, if you're still seeking this person, have you talked t him yet about the limits and choices you now know you need for yourself?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

DoodlesOx
Activist
Member # 75163

Yeah, I'm definitely going to sit down and talk to him about all of this, this whole situation has made me think.
And im definitely not pregnant from that situation above? :/

[ 08-10-2011, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: DoodlesOx ]

Heather
Member # 3

We can never tell people they definitely are or are not pregnant like that, no matter what the situation, just like we can't ever tell people they definitely do or do not have a certain illness.

All we can do, responsibly and accurately, is tell people what their level of risk most likely was, and when it sounds like it is not at all likely someone is pregnant (for instance, someone had sex six months ago, and has had regular periods since).

If you want a more accurate answer than we can give, then what you'll want to do is to take a home pregnancy test or ask your doctor to test you.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

DoodlesOx
Activist
Member # 75163

Okay, I'm sorry, It was stupid of me to persist asking if I'm definitely pregnant.
What would be the chances though? I'm sorry if im being fustrating.

DoodlesOx
Activist
Member # 75163

I just read through the forums that even IF I was fingered with the pre-cum I touched on the sheets, (and also what you said about the indirect transfer) It would have to be dripping with semen to have a chance of becoming pregnant, is that true?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.