Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Grinding without clothing?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Grinding without clothing?
UnknowingAndUnexperienced
Neophyte
Member # 72045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnknowingAndUnexperienced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible to just grind without clothing being "in the way" and still not have sex? Does that make sense? Like, it'd be like dry humping except it's not dry haha.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you say sex, do you mean intercourse?

I ask because when people choose to do things that feel sexually good for them, coming from their sexual desire, we tend to call that sex, whether there's clothing or not.

The line, as it were, between what dry humping (or frottage, if you want to get technical) and intercourse is can be pretty tricky once people aren't wearing clothing, and they're not all that different. It can seem like it in abstract, but once it's actual, and people are doing both, it's a lot more clear that what can seem like a huge difference really isn't at all.

But from a perspective of STIs and pregnancy, if and when someone with a penis and someone with a vagina are doing that without clothing, people need to figure they have the same risks as with intercourse. From that standpoint, they aren't different at all.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 72045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for UnknowingAndUnexperienced     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well then yes I do mean intercourse. And I didn't know that intercourse and this isn't all that different from each other. It makes sense the way you put it.

Let me rephrase what I meant though. I was wondering if it was possible to just do that and not have intercourse. Like, my boyfriend is worried something might accidently "slip in" hahaha. I really don't think that would happen but it's better to just check and make sure.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that's pretty much how intercourse starts, and when everyone is slippery and turned on down there, then yes, it is sometimes really easy for someone with a penis to just slide in without intending to.

As well, if you don't want to have intercourse, you probably don't want to be doing this either, since all the risks are the same, you know?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 72045

Ahh ok. And yeah I agree, probably not the best idea right now haha. Thank you so much for your help [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.