Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused
Xxoo
Neophyte
Member # 69789

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Xxoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I am currently on the pill and had unprotected sex 3times about uhhh 5 and 4weeks ago and then had my period that week (when it was meant to be) then again about 5days after.. But ever since then I have been tired and nausias everyday and usually everyday I have discharge but ever since around the last time I had sex.. I haven't had this! is there a Possibility to be pregnant?

Please explain to me whatever you think is going on?

And should I keep taking the pill or stop till I take a pregnancy test if there is a need to?

Posts: 8 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long have you been using the pill for? And, to your knowledge, do you use it properly?

As well, since you've been having unprotected sex, and increased discharge is something you're experiencing, are you up-to-date with your tests for sexually transmitted infections?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xxoo
Neophyte
Member # 69789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xxoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on it for almost 2years now..I don't take it at exactly the same time everyday.. But that has never affected anything!

And i haven't been having discharge.. Normally do

Posts: 8 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How big of a difference is there, day to day, in the time you take your pills?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5738 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xxoo
Neophyte
Member # 69789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xxoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take the pill at night .. Sometimes at 8pm otherwise could be from 8pm -12am
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really want to try and stick around the same time of day, so if it's evening, around 8, try and stay within a few hours of that, not moving into midnight and beyond.

But it sounds like you've been taking it pretty well, so you likely have somewhere between typical use effectiveness and perfect use, which would average out to around 95%. The pill is never 100% in any use, so pregnancies do still happen even with totally perfect users, though it's rare. And just because someone hasn't gotten pregnant before when taking it flexibly time-wise doesn't mean they won't ever.

Am I understanding, though, that you had a withdrawal bleed after the times you had intercourse using only the pill?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68006 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xxoo
Neophyte
Member # 69789

Am I understanding, though, that you had a withdrawal bleed after the times you had intercourse using only the pill?

Lol say that again? Sorry

Heather
Member # 3

The seven-day break where you have the pill's version of a period, a withdrawal bleed: did you have that AFTER the intercourse you're concerned may have presented pregnancy risks?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Xxoo
Neophyte
Member # 69789

Yes I did have it ...... I also had sex after i had finished my "period" aswell .. All three times it was unprotected sex and he ejaculated in me
Heather
Member # 3

Okay. So, for the times you did this before that period, you can figure it's not likely you became pregnant then. And if this last incident was in the last week or so, you can be pretty sure your symptoms aren't about pregnancy, because pregnancy and symptoms are rarely that instant.

How long have you been feeling tired and nauseated for now?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Xxoo
Neophyte
Member # 69789

About 3weeks?
Xxoo
Neophyte
Member # 69789

The last time I had sex was 4weeks ago
Heather
Member # 3

Three weeks of nausea and fatigue is something to check in with a healthcare provider about. It seems unlikely it's about pregnancy, but you should find out what it IS about, since being ill like that for weeks is a signal of something being the matter.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Xxoo
Neophyte
Member # 69789

Thanx :-)
Heather
Member # 3

Yep. I hope you feel better soon! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.