Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » help?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help?
marka.
Neophyte
Member # 65044

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marka.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex saturday with my boyfriend and it was our first time.At first he put is finger in my vagina to find the "hole",and things led on and it hurt and he also "popped my cherry".
I take birth control pills and we used a condom and im sure he put it on correctly.
but the day of i took my pills it kind of burned in my stomach, and sunday and monday same thing.
im pretty sure im not pregnant because i made him check the condom and it wasn't ripped and im also taking birth control.
but what's with the buring feeling?

--------------------
marka.

Posts: 2 | From: California | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A burning sensation in your stomach is not a sign of pregnancy. I doubt there's a connection between this burning feeling and your having sex at all. If it shows up again, you might want to talk to your doctor about it.

And just so you know: there are no cherries, or any other fruit, in the vagina. Having intercourse, or any sort of vaginal entry, does not involve "popping" anything. Usually, when people talk about "popping the cherry" they're using a common euphemism to say that they think they broke the hymen (which we now call the corona). However, that's a myth: the corona does not break with first-time vaginal entry. It's a very thin membrane that wears away over time, due to a whole host of other factors besides vaginal entry, such as hormone changes or menstruation. If you experienced pain and/or bleeding it wasn't due to your corona "breaking". Rather, it was likely due to you not being aroused enough, to not using enough lube, or to your partner not being gentle enough.

Why don't you take a look at these articles together:
First Intercourse 101
From OW! to WOW! Demystifying Painful Intercourse
My Corona: The Anatomy formerly known as the Hymen and the Myths that Surround it

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.