Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Not sure what to do..?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not sure what to do..?
Stephanie93
Neophyte
Member # 61371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie93         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little worried that I may be pregnant? My boyfriend and I have been together for just over a year, and i'm 10 days late. I took a pregnancy test last week & got a neg result. I get really sick to my stomache in the evening and certain smells turn me off. I also have been getting odd pains in my lower abdomin right & left along with some other symptoms. Yesterday I also started spotting lightly and it has stopped now. Last month a few days after my period had finished we had sex, and i bled a bit after bright pink/red. Could that have anything to do with my missed period this month? A lot of girls say it can take up to 3-4 weeks of being late to have enough HGC to get a positive result, is that true? I've also heard stress can delay your period, but by how long? And how long should i wait before i make a dr's appt? Does this sound normal?

Thanks [Smile]

--------------------
stєphαníє хσх

Posts: 2 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you had any pregnancy risks at all?

If you are ten days late for your period, then a pregnancy would have shown up on a pregnancy test if you were pregnant. If you want to be extra sure, you can go ahead and take another test. But if you took it once your period was already late, and followed the directions, you can e sure that the result was accurate.

Here are some other possible causes for a late period: M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.