Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » can lubricant from a condom do this?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can lubricant from a condom do this?
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp2323     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last night after intercourse i noticed a clump of something whitish (comparable to that of a booger shape maybe) at the base of the condom. i took it off a smelled it (gross i know) and it didnt have a distinct smell of semen and i rubbed it between my fingers it went away and my hands werent sticky or anything. can lubricant from a condom clump up like this. or could semen? i figured it wasnt semen cuz semen is liquidy and would not take a definitine shape like the clump..but im not sure. the condom didnt fall off and it looked like all the semen was at the tip of it.

i didnt really think about it til this morning. i dont think i should worry but just checking!

Posts: 154 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like vaginal secretions. At some times of the month they can be a lot more "solid" than liquidy. I wouldn't worry unless it has a bad smell, there's a lot more than usual, or it's a funky color.

If you want more information this article may help you out

Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions

[ 04-02-2011, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: CoatRack ]

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp2323
Activist
Member # 43575

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp2323     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay thank you so much!

so it doesnt sound like it was semen right?

Posts: 154 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the condom did not break then no, it was not semen.

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.