Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Does menstrual cycle effect the expansion of vaginal muscles?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does menstrual cycle effect the expansion of vaginal muscles?
purpletemptation
Neophyte
Member # 108825

Icon 5 posted      Profile for purpletemptation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does menstrual cycle effect the loosening of vaginal muscles during arousal?

I have this question because I think it has to do something with it, I mean I got my period a day after having sex. Does the amount of arousal depends on menstrual cycle?

--------------------
♥ εїз ♥

Posts: 7 | From: ♥ The dream-woven-world ♥ | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Purpletemptation,

I'm a little unclear about what you're asking here, since how tense or relaxed vaginal muscles are is separate from sexual arousal. That is, the vagina does change shape with arousal, but arousal is a lot more than just the vaginal muscles relaxing and the vagina expanding and lengthening.

One thing to clear up though is that sex didn't make your period arrive. Your period would have arrived anyway, whether you'd had sex or not. sex doesn't change anything about the menstrual cycle all by itself unless we get pregnant as a result of the sex.

Some people will find that their levels of arousal are different at different times in their menstrual cycle. People may feel more aroused at some times and less aroused at others.

This is a really individual thing though, since everyone's hormonal patterns are going to be a little different, and there's more that goes into arousal than just hormones, such as the kind of sexual stimulation (mental, physical, or both), how relaxed someone feels, how they feel about sex, and so on.

Vaginal muscles can also feel more tense or more relaxed at different times just based on how tense or how relaxed we're feeling in general.

So, if you feel more aroused during your period, that's okay. There's nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make you unusual or abnormal in any way. Likewise if you don't tend to get aroused during your period, or only do sometimes or only in certain situations.

Does this help answer your question? If not, please let me know and I'll do my best to answer what you're wondering. [Smile]

Here's an article on sexual arousal that might help you out too.

Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

[ 11-06-2013, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
purpletemptation
Neophyte
Member # 108825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for purpletemptation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I DO know that my periods would have arrived regardless of sex.
Anyways, I got my answer. I just wanted to know that does menstrual cycle effect the amount of arousal. As you said that that's an individual thing, and it doesn't really matter, I am carefree now.
*Question solved*
thanks a ton. [Smile]

--------------------
♥ εїз ♥

Posts: 7 | From: ♥ The dream-woven-world ♥ | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're so welcome. Glad that solved things for you. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.