Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » bump?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bump?
Ladygirl18
Activist
Member # 27045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ladygirl18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! I just noticed last night one single, kind of painful bump on my outer labia near my anus (right where my "cheeks" rub together). I got a look at it, and in sight and feeling it seems just like a zit or ingrown hair. I've been working out a lot lately (and had been earlier that night) and was thinking that may have caused it, or maybe I picked something up at the gym...? I have no history of stds, genital sores/warts, etc. and am in a monogamous relationship, so I don't think its an std, but Ive never had anything like this before and wondered if you all knew what could cause it/how I could make it better? It takes forever to get doctors appointments so I thought I'd be proactive and see if you had any thoughts or if this is common. Thanks so much!

--------------------
"We all have wants and needs and desires, strange as they may seem. If you stop to think about it, we're all pretty creative, cooking up all these fantasies. It's like a kind of poetry."

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you up-to-date with your STI screenings? have you had a round since you've been with the partner you're with now?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ladygirl18
Activist
Member # 27045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ladygirl18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm up-to-date as of just before this partner, and he was actually my partner before (we had a 6 month break, long story) but we've been together and monogamous for a year and a half with no problems.

--------------------
"We all have wants and needs and desires, strange as they may seem. If you stop to think about it, we're all pretty creative, cooking up all these fantasies. It's like a kind of poetry."

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, then you're probably past due for screenings no matter what.

It's important to remember that most of the time, most STIs don't have symptoms people notice, which is why most people who have one don't know that they do (which is a big part of why so many people have them: they don't get tested at all or as often as they should since they don't see symptoms).

So, while it's totally possible this is just an ingrown hair, zit or boil, you still want to make sure you both get current with your STI tests, okay? And if you do that soon while this thing is still around, the extra bonus is that you can get it checked out and be sure it's nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ladygirl18
Activist
Member # 27045

Yeah, I'm definitely overdue for my annual, so I'll make the appointment this week. It's already starting to feel better tho, so hopefully this was just a wakeup call [Smile] thanks so much!

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.