Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Where can one buy female condoms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where can one buy female condoms?
Ketrel
Activist
Member # 49204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ketrel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at CVS, but they don't seem to carry female condoms. Other than ordering online, what's the most likely place to purchase this?
Posts: 123 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you checked at any other pharmacies in your area,or is CVS the only one around? Also, did you check in with the pharmacy to see if they may be able to order then in for you?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ketrel
Activist
Member # 49204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ketrel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CVS is the only major one near me, the other is a local only one. I'll check, but it's not likely.

As far as ordering them, that's not very likely.

Posts: 123 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can always look and see if there's a planned parenthood around, they may be able to get them in for you. But I know a friend had hers ordered via the pharmacy because they don't normally carry them.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ketrel
Activist
Member # 49204

quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie_1:
You can always look and see if there's a planned parenthood around, they may be able to get them in for you. But I know a friend had hers ordered via the pharmacy because they don't normally carry them.

If it was any other pharmacy I'd do so, but the manager at CVS is a neighbor of mine I don't really trust all that much. Long story with plenty of drama, so not getting into that.

There may be a walgreens a town over, if they don't have it, I could ask there. One of my friends may work at that one (can't remember if they said walgreens or wegmans) and I could possibly ask them if they carry them beforehand.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.