Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Tender Breasts and Periods

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tender Breasts and Periods
isabellak
Neophyte
Member # 51355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for isabellak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry if this is really long! I appreciate it if you actually took the time to read and answer my questions! [Smile] But anyways...
Hi, I had a question about the symptoms of PMS. I usually chart and write down all my symptoms such as food cravings, cramps, moood swings, headaches, etc.that I get the week or two before my period. Well this month I noticed was kind of different. Even with the ovulation discharge and symptoms. I always (well at least for the last couple of months) get egg white discharge 3 days before I actually ovulated. I also get a slight sharp pain or dull ache during one of the days I have egg white discharge. So I know my period will come 14 or 15 days after that. I usually get alot of discharge, and it's very slippery, stretchy, and clear. But this month I only got it for two days and it was not an abundant amount. It was also more globby and watery. Then for the next 3 days I had creamy, white, but sometimes stretchy discharge. Then all of a sudden the next day I got egg white discharge and a lot of it too! It's strange for my own cycle. I usually always get in days in a row. Not egg white, creamy for a couple of days, then egg white again. Also, I usually get tender breasts at least 4 days after ovulation. But I should be getting my period sometime the end of this week, or next week. (I'm guessing since I'm not sure when I actually ovulated this month) I know I shouldn't worry too much. But it bugs me because I am so used to getting tender breasts everyday before my period and also getting the regular type of discharge in my own cycle. Do you think this is normal that my symptoms are changing? Do you think anything is wrong with me? Why didn't I get tender breasts this month?

Oh also, I am getting symptoms of PMS like some mood swings, food cravings, light cramps, etc. But it's not the same as last month. I would also like to add that I just turned 15. And have been having my period for a little bit over two years now. It's not very regular. It varies a few days a month...Is that okay? I heard your period should regulate after two years.

[ 01-26-2011, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: isabellak ]

Posts: 22 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can take a lot longer than two years for your cycle to regulate, and some changes every once in awhile are perfectly normal. It would actually be incredibly unusual for a woman's cycle to stay the same the whole of her life, and sometimes, even if we've been regular for awhile, a wonky cycle can happen.

It really doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about here, but if you want to, you can always ask your healthcare provider.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5661 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
isabellak
Neophyte
Member # 51355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for isabellak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! [Smile] So all the changes are fine with the symptoms and all? When should I worry or ask a doctor?
Posts: 22 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some changes are perfectly normal, yep. But if you are worried (or notice big changes) then go ahead and call your doctor - no harm in that.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3417 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.