Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Please help gynoccologist DISASTER!!!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please help gynoccologist DISASTER!!!!!!!!!
bigfarty
Activist
Member # 49263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigfarty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have being pain in my clitoris so I decided to visit the gyno for the first time. When I got there I was so nervous that I totally flipped out and now I think the gyno thinks I'm a slut and I'm so embarrassed!!! and don't know what to do!!! what happened was I thought since my clitoris is on the outside i thought he was just gonna look visually so I was unprepared.( I am a virgin) He said to open my legs but i started shaking them a bit and didn't really open my legs cuz I was embarrassed and I didn't know what was going to happen. He started pulling my vagina open really hard and I literally jumped back and finally he started inserting a long cotton swab into my vagina and then I just flipped out and started screaming that it hurt. then he stopped I got SO embarrassed and I apologized to him a million times. I'm so embarrassed and I still think about it.How can I get over this? Does the doctor think I'm a weirdo?I have to go back to that office but this time I have to see a nurse practitioner since the doctor is always booked but I'm embarrassed that maybe the nurse said something to some of the other people working in the office. But the doctor and nurse cant talk about what happened to anyone else can they? This happend last month but I still feel bad. Please help!
Posts: 48 | From: my house | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigfarty
Activist
Member # 49263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigfarty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
when I was there I started shaking my legs out of nervousness and I think it looked provocative because the nurse started laughing at me and she gave me the dirtiest look ( the gyno was probably laughing too but I couldnt see his face bcuz of the towel)
Posts: 48 | From: my house | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigfarty
Activist
Member # 49263

she was smiling at the doctor so he had to have been laughing too
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, it's not really their job to make assumptions about whether or not a person is provocative (and actually pretty outside the scope of the appointment.) I'm not sure why they were laughing, but have you thought about going to see someone other than that office's doctors (considering you don't seem comfortable with them?)? also, sometimes it helps to let them know you're nervous/uncomfortable, so they know to let you know what they're doing all along the way. Sorry it was such a bad experience for you though.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigfarty
Activist
Member # 49263

When i said provocative i think that maybe he thinks that I was coming on to him or trying to flirt by shaking my legs
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be an awfully strange thing for an OB/GYN to assume. He should be pretty experienced in anxious patients and know that shaking is not at all unusual.

I'm so sorry this went like this for you. That nurse behaved unprofessionally, very. So, if possible, I'd suggest switching to another clinic or practice, not because *you* did anything wrong, but because as a patient, you are entitled to professional care.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.