Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Worried over nothing? Fingering?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried over nothing? Fingering?
isabellak
Neophyte
Member # 51355

Icon 8 posted      Profile for isabellak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a pregnancy risk from fingering? I've read many things online, and on this site...and I'm still confused because one site tells me it is possible to get preggo from it, while another says it is not possible at all. When I say fingering, I mean fingering with a possible small amount of pre-cum that was probably not dry yet..:\ There wasn't a glob of ejaculate on his fingers, nor did he even cum..It was most likely just pre-cum.
About two weeks ago my boyfriend was fingering me, and I'm not really sure if his hands were clean or had any sperm on it. There was NO direct genital contact..but I'm still somewhat worried that there is a possibility. There was dry sex though..both of us had our clothes on before he fingered me. If there isn't a risk can someone who is an expert on this please explain to me why this poses as a low/non existent risk of pregnancy? I need some reassurance so I will stop worrying..I am only worrying so much because I was supposed to get my period today. I track my cycle pretty well, and around the time my boyfriend was fingering me I had alot of egg white discharge...which always comes when i ovulate. Anyways, please someone help me!I worryy sooo much. thank you!!!

Posts: 22 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome,

What you described does not sound like a pregnancy risk. Pre-ejaculate does not contain any sperm unless the guy recently ejaculated and there were some sperm still remaining in his urethra. I would like to tell you that sperm are very fragile. They do not survive very well outside of the warm, moist body. They can not pass through clothing and survive. Wiping off ejaculate will also kill them. When we are talking about needing a glob of ejaculate and direct genital contact, sperm need the semen to swim in and access to enter the vagina. I am adding an article that may help with understanding what are or are not pregnancy risks. Feel free to look around at the other articles and the other posts too. I hope this helps. Lets us know if there is anything more we can help with.

Pregnancy Scared?

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.