Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Confused about simple sex!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused about simple sex!
over_anxious
Neophyte
Member # 48532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for over_anxious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never really thought about this before but I was recently reading how girls should thrust too?! I must be stupid ^^ but anyway - I wanted to check before I embarrassed myself badly - does the girl thrust with or opposite to the guy? And surely if you do it with him....then he won't exit and enter properly?

Sorry if this is trivial.

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming you're talking about one specific kind of sex (intercourse, maybe?), but I think it's perhaps simplest to take that out, and also take gender out of this equation.

In other words, during any kind of sex, ideally both partners should be active, because sex is usually about people actively seeking pleasure. Our bodies tend to respond to that, and that usually includes us -- any of us, no matter our gender -- moving our bodies in the ways that's making everything feel good. With a partner, that's moving together, usually, rather than one partner doing all the moving around or action.

if and when any one partner is pretty much just lying there, not moving at all, that's an indication something is wrong, or that that person really isn't into it, or even doesn't want what's going on to be happening.

Make sense?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
over_anxious
Neophyte
Member # 48532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for over_anxious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes it makes sense, thanks [Smile]

and also yes I meant intercourse - so you move together...sorry to be dumb but like I said doesn't that affect the whole entry and exit process...won't you cancel it out so to speak? :S

Posts: 6 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're not being dumb.

But I'm trying to understand what you're asking and how you're conceptualizing this, and I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring what you mean when you talk about exit and entry, and "cancelling it out."

Can you maybe try asking that differently?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(Unless -- maybe I've got it -- you mean that you think if both people are moving, no one would be getting any stimulation?)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

over_anxious
Neophyte
Member # 48532

Yes I do! Sorry, I wasn't really sure how to word it! Luckily you can pick out a question out of lots of garble!
Heather
Member # 3

Gotcha! So, you're assuming then (and my own language may be imprecise here, so feel free to ask me for clarifcations, too!) that the movements are mirrors of each other, rather than counter-movements. In other words, usually in intercourse when people are moving together, they're pushing their bodies towards and away from each other kind of at the same time. In other words, when one person is pushing forward, so is the other, rather than when one person is pushing forward, the other is pulling back.

Let's try putting it this way in case that's unclear. Imagine two swingsets were facing each other, and each person was on a swing. Rather than swinging in a way where no one ever knocked into each other, you'd be swinging in a way where with each swing forward, both people collided. Make sense?

This does tend to be a lot more intuitive in the experience, for the record, far more so than it is in words. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

over_anxious
Neophyte
Member # 48532

That makes perfect sense - thank you so much! I'm sure you've saved me an awful embarrassment there! I love this website! [Big Grin]
Heather
Member # 3

You know, I doubt it. When you're with someone sexually, not only should everyone be allowed to feel out what feels good to them, and to learn as you go -- something we all need to do with every new partner -- that's actually a big part of what makes it fun and compelling. [Smile]

You're welcome all the same, and glad you feel better, but seriously, if it ever doesn't feel okay to feel things out, that's a good cue something isn't quite right: with the situation, the relationship, the timing, whatever.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.