Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is it too soon??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it too soon??
his87love52910
Neophyte
Member # 48950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for his87love52910     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me and my boyfriend have discussed oral sex before. i dont particulary like the idea of it. ive never participated in it either. i don't want to give blow jobs and i don't want him to perform oral on me either. i feel more comortable with the idea of actual intercourse even though i'm a virgin. i'd also preffer not to give him a hand job or him to finger me. is this okay????? should i do any of this before intercourse???? or can i skip over the parts i'd preffer too???
Posts: 28 | From: none | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EVERYONE gets to have whatever preferences and limits they have around any kind of sex. If you don't want to engage in any kind of sex, that's always okay, and should always be okay with any partners.

For sure, they may have different wants, in which case they get to choose to seek out a partnerships where their own wants and needs are met, just like you'd get to do. But even if and when that happens, it's always still okay for you to only do what you want to do.

Now, whether or not having no kind of sex -- if that's what you're saying -- but intercourse is something that works out for you isn't something we can predict. On the whole, that doesn't tend to be what most women find suits them best, but there are exceptions to every rule, and the only way any of us can find out what we like is ultimately to start with what we think we do/will, see how it goes and keep adapting, experimenting and communicating as we keep finding out. [Smile]

One thing I would just think about, though, is if you have the preferences you do here because you just don't feel comfortable yet with your body or sexuality at all, or to the degree that would make sex feel okay for you emotionally. Because if that's the case, your best bet is holding off on any kind of sex until being sexual with someone else, having them see your body, be very intimate with all its parts, is something you really feel okay about.

[ 09-17-2010, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68234 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
his87love52910
Neophyte
Member # 48950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for his87love52910     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks [Smile] and i am okay with getting intimate with my partner but i'm just not into the oral sex and i wasn't sure if that was something that was mandatory before having actual penetration
Posts: 28 | From: none | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.