Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Vagina Issue

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vagina Issue
Ysabel22
Neophyte
Member # 48361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ysabel22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might be a little bit too much information but I'd really like some help! I recently had sex with my boyfriend and the other day I noticed that there are a few little flaps of pinkish skin sticking out of my vaginal opening... I did some research and I think it's probably part of my hymen which would have broken when I had sex but I'm not really sure. If it is, what do I do about it? Just leave it? It's itchy and uncomfortable...
Posts: 25 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It probably is hymenal tissue: the hymen wears away over time, and during -- and more typically, after -- that process, it's common the the vaginal opening to retain some small bits of that tissue. No one needs to do anything about that, it's normal and common.

This may have been happening this way for a while, and probably has, but the sex the other day either may have furthered that process OR it may be something you're only noticing now.

It should not, however, itch. How long as itching and other physical discomfort been going on for? How itchy are you?

[ 08-15-2010, 05:15 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ysabel22
Neophyte
Member # 48361

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ysabel22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay thanks. Looks like the whole itch thing may be a separate problem ? This started a few days after we had sex and it's been maybe 4 or 5 days. It is on and off... like it comes and it's really itchy but then after a while it goes away and doesn't come back for an hour or two. What could that be? Is there anything I can get to treat this
Posts: 25 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're going to want to see a healthcare provider to find out what it is. Since itching can happen for a handful of reasons, to treat it, one has to have what it is determined.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.