Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » To have sex or not to have sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To have sex or not to have sex?
SakiH
Neophyte
Member # 48037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SakiH         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some time ago I made a vow to wait to have sex until I was 18, I'm almost there but I've been dating my boyfriend for almost a year now and I completely trust him. We fool around with outer-course and whatnot constantly being careful; but I never find it exciting enough to orgasm. We're both virgins and I finally want to have sex with him, but I find myself conflicted...The only form of birth control we have are condoms and I'd really like to be on something safer, yet there's no planned parenthood in my city! I couldn't tell my parents or ask them because they would flip!!! And I don't like the thought of lying to my doctor about having sex because my mother is in the room. How do I finally make a decision?? [Confused]
~ArousedAndConfused~

Posts: 2 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you want to have intercourse because you haven't been able to orgasm from other activities, know that the chances of you being able to orgasm from intercourse aren't all that great. For one thing, few women are able to reach climax from intercourse alone, simply due to the way female anatomy works. For another, if you don't find the sexual activities you've been having all that exciting, jumping ahead to intercourse isn't going to be all that helpful. You may benefit much more from taking some more time to explore your body and learn to get to know it better and find out what DOES feel exciting and pleasurable to you.

I'm going to link you to a few articles that I think may help you in your decision:
Ready or Not? The Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist
Yield for Pleasure
The Great No-Orgasm-from-Intercourse Conundrum
Is THAT All There Is?

Birth Control Bingo!

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9006 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SakiH
Neophyte
Member # 48037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SakiH         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you [Smile]
Posts: 2 | From: United States | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.