Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Possible Pregnancy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Possible Pregnancy?
Jazzer77
Neophyte
Member # 45840

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Jazzer77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So last wednesday I gave my boyfriend a handjob, and he ejaculated. I got a little bit of the cum on my finger, just enough to make it a little slick. About 90 minutes later, I put that same finger that had had the cum on it inside my vagina just to check if I was still wet. We didn't have sex, I'm still a "virgin", as in no-penis-in-vagina-penetration.

Also, I'm on birth control pills and have been on them for around 6 months now, and I take them faithfully. I figure I'm just being paranoid, because I know girls will have full on sex and their boyfriends will ejaculate inside them and they won't get pregnant when they're on birth control pills, and here I am worried because I stuck my finger in me more than an hour after getting a small amount of cum on it.

I guess I'm just wondering if sperm is able to live for a while after being exposed to the air and whatnot?

Basically, should I be worried about possible pregnancy from putting my finger in me for a second?

Posts: 5 | From: Washington | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sperm dies within around 15 minutes of being exposed to air. Beyond that, there really is no pregnancy risk from inserting a finger that's been exposed to ejaculate into your vagina: unless you are directly inserting a handful of fresh ejaculate, there is no risk of pregnancy from 'transferring' ejaculate.

And if you have been on the pill for more than one month, and are taking it as directed, you don't need to be worried about pregnancy risks, anyway. The failure rate of the pill with perfect use is less than 1%.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jazzer77
Neophyte
Member # 45840

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jazzer77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow thank you, that's a relief. I figured I was just being paranoid, but it really makes me feel a lot better to hear some facts and someone else telling me not to worry. Thank you very very much.
Posts: 5 | From: Washington | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.