Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Bleeding and sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding and sex
vinci19
Neophyte
Member # 45009

Icon 11 posted      Profile for vinci19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im 18 and i have been having sex since i was 15. My first partner was a virgin as well, after him i did not have sex for a year. The next time I had sex I was dry, there was little foreplay, and he was way too rough. i noticed light bleeding and asked a nurse who said it was most likely a tear. not too long after i started seeing a guy for about 3 months, whom i would have sex with on a regular basis. we had unprotected sex once there was no problems, he said he had tested negative for everything. he left for 3 months and just came back, i have not had sex since then and he very anxious, there was NO foreplay and i had light pink bleeding, it was not apparent during the day, it just came back. my period ended 3 days ago. i have not gained any weight or had any symptoms and have had regular periods, but could i be pregnant? could it be another tear? i did take plan b when we had unprotected sex, could that have caused a thin cervix? i take doxycycline on a regular basis for my skin and just took a z-pack of arithromycin for a sinus infection... so i think i can eliminate a bacterial STI. I also took all 3 gardasil shots, i talked to a nurse at my school and she suggested it was a tear.
Posts: 1 | From: Boston | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sex that's a little rough and where no extra lubrication is being used can cause bleeding. That's pretty common and not necessarily something you need to worry about. You'll just want to give yourself time to heal before you have sex again, and when you do have sex, you'll want to take it slow and use lots of extra lube.

I would also suggest that you get tested for STIs, though. The fact that you are on antibiotics for completely unrelated things has no bearing at all on whether or not you might have contracted an STI, and unprotected intercourse puts you at a high risk for STIs.

As far as I understand, the unprotected sex happened three months ago, and you've had regular periods since? In that case, you are not pregnant. Also, EC will not affect your cervix in any way.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.