Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » spotting? Help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: spotting? Help!
piecesofme2
Activist
Member # 43221

Icon 11 posted      Profile for piecesofme2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Earlier when I went to the bathroom I experienced some random spotting. It didn't last long but was noticeable when I wiped. I am sexually active but I take my pills at the same time (10am) everyday, me and my boyfriend use a condom EVERYTIME, and he pulls out before he comes everytime also. This is worrying me that it could be implantation bleeding or something, even though my chances of pregnancy are very low. What are your thoughts? I am extremely scared because this has never happened to me. I have never spotted on the pill especially on Yasmin and taking it on time.
Posts: 115 | From: east coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your chances of pregnancy here are very, very, very low.

Chances are it's just some breakthrough bleeding.

Are you up to date with STI screenings? Because unexplained vaginal bleeding is a common symptom of several STIs, as well.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piecesofme2
Activist
Member # 43221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for piecesofme2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it would be very low because we are as safe as possible. I have been on the pill for over 3 years and never experienced breakthrough bleeding so it worries me but I hope it is nothing.

I got tested for STI's back in july, but not since. I do have an appointment with my OBGYN friday and she can test me again.

Can i basically rule pregnancy out?

Posts: 115 | From: east coast | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I'd say so. Your doc may give you a pregnancy test anyways, just because, well, that's what doctors do when you come in complaining of period funkiness.

I'm glad to hear you have the appointment--she'll be able to answer all of your questions, and having the tests done soon is great.

Generally, how frequently you should get STI testing depends on the number of partners you have at any given point in time. If you've had a new partner since your previous test (or had one just before the test, since some STIs have significant incubation periods), you need a new round of testing. Right now, it should happen regardless, to help find out why you're bleeding.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.