Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant?
someone44
Neophyte
Member # 44177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for someone44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have been reading some articles on the internet and they say u could be pregnant if you are going to the toliet alot, eating more than usual, a little weight gain, and mood swings, and having a few headaches. it has only been a week and i am just wondering could i be pregnant?
Posts: 5 | From: Tamworth NSW | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A week since what?

If you have had a pregnancy risk, the best thing to do is test. All of those symptoms could easily be from other things, so unless you've had a recent risk and/or a positive pregnancy test, you shouldn't be concerned.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
night owl
Neophyte
Member # 44294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for night owl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been raped in august multiple times by the same guy... I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative but now its october and I'm getting sever migraines, backaches, and bad food cravings... my best friend said that her aunt, when she was pregnant took 6 tests and they all came out negative but didn't know anything until four months alter when she had an ultrasound... I'm scared!!! Please tell me that I'm not pregnant, or that there is a chance that I'm not, Please!!!
Posts: 5 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Night Owl, how long after your rape did you take the pregnancy test? Have you been having periods since then?

If you took the test more than ten days after the last risk, then you can trust the test results. Also, if you've been having a regular period since then, you can also be sure that you are not pregnant.

Pregnancy tests are very accurate if used correctly, and the chances of 6 of them in a row giving a wrong reading is incredibly slim.

Have you been tested for STIs in the meantime? If you haven't, I suggest that you make an appointment to get that done. If you're still worried about pregnancy, you can also ask for a pregnancy test while you're at your doctor's office.

Would you like any help at all from us in dealing with your rape?

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
night owl
Neophyte
Member # 44294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for night owl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by September:
Night Owl, how long after your rape did you take the pregnancy test? Have you been having periods since then?

If you took the test more than ten days after the last risk, then you can trust the test results. Also, if you've been having a regular period since then, you can also be sure that you are not pregnant.

Pregnancy tests are very accurate if used correctly, and the chances of 6 of them in a row giving a wrong reading is incredibly slim.

Have you been tested for STIs in the meantime? If you haven't, I suggest that you make an appointment to get that done. If you're still worried about pregnancy, you can also ask for a pregnancy test while you're at your doctor's office.

Would you like any help at all from us in dealing with your rape?

sorry about the repost... still trying to figure this site out... I had the test done about a month after the rapes, I haven't ahd a period since the tests and I don't know wbat STI's are... but I have been checked for stds if that's what you meant. thank you joey.

[ 10-07-2009, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Alice ]

--------------------
Khari Halter

Posts: 5 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi night owl,

You may just not be having a period due to the stress, but I'd encourage you to get in to see a doctor anyways to get a blood pregnancy test and STI testing as well. You said you've been tested for them (yes, they are the same as STDs), but have you had them done a month after the rape? Often they take that long to show up.

Have you thought about checking out a local rape crisis center or exploring other counseling options since your rape? Would you like help doing that?

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alice
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, night owl: if you could please start a new topic next time rather than replying to other people's threads. That keeps it neater and makes it easier for us to keep track of your questions. You can do this by clicking on New Topic which is located on the upper right area of the page. Thanks!)

--------------------
The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you. - B.B. King

Posts: 1180 | From: WA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.