Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » troubled and stupid

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: troubled and stupid
miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

Icon 9 posted      Profile for miyukime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
here's my story:when me and my bf are making out,we are tightly hugging each other that results in me feeling his private part so close to mine.i know pregnancy can't happen there but what i'm worried about is he said he wet his boxers because he was aroused.but he said it didn't go through his pants.HELPPPPP!!!! what if it did go through his pants without us noticing it?does his pants have to be super soaked for the fluids to pass through mine?we only hugged for 1 minute or less and the fluids cannot pass that fast right?we did not have dry sex because i didn't grind on him whatsoever.i've read all you articles about it but i'm still i'm paranoid.i'm so worried if i don't get my period. PLEASE ANSWER ALL OF MY QUESTIONS

--------------------
20loves12

Posts: 23 | From: Philippines | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, in the articles you've read, what does it say about the risk of pregnancy is somebody is clothed (and keep in mind that we take fluids into account)?

This article might help as well: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide

[ 03-18-2014, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

Icon 7 posted      Profile for miyukime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it says it has no risk but a low risk if wearing thin clothing like only underwear.
Posts: 23 | From: Philippines | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And that's the case.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds like this is causing a lot of stress. It may be best to scale back on what you're doing until you feel better informed about the risks and more comfortable with them when/if they are present

[ 03-18-2014, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miyukime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much ^_^.but can i ask one more question?can you please explain to me how bodily fluids are shared and more importantly how long does it take to share them?sorry for the bother but it may help me set my mind at ease for sometimes i get paranoid so much i see only pregnant women here and there, and i think i have frequent urination and i eat a lot.

--------------------
20loves12

Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course you can. [Smile]

There's not really a how long for this.

People can share body fluids when they have the kind of contact where those fluids are present and also have contact with someone else's body.

It might help, with this, to think about when you can get your mucus on someone if you sneeze, and how if you cover your mouth, that can't happen, but if you walk up to someone and sneeze an inch away, without covering your nose and mouth, you are likely to get it on them.

You can rest assured the pregnant women you see? Probably mostly because so when no one was dressed, at all, and they were engaging in intercourse. Next up after that are pregnancies from sexual assaults or from in-the-lab fertilization. But you can be sure NONE of those are from people being dressed and rubbing their bodies together.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

When you say bodily fluids being shared, are you referring specifically to how things like pregnancy and STI transmission happen? If so, the first article I linked to is a good place to get started, and you can check back if you have questions.
miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miyukime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much!!your site helped me a lot. before i found out about your site. i looked it up in the internet where it says that its has a low risk.
so if he did wet his pants that doesn't change a fact?

--------------------
20loves12

miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

what does it mean by there's mo direct genital-to genital sex contact,but someone with a penis ejaculated inside or near a vagina?is that applicable to my situation because that poses a risk
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

When we say direct, we mean direct with no barriers (clothes count as barriers). So for contact, that means bare genitals touching, and for ejaculation that means there was nothing between the ejaculate and the vagina.

[ 03-18-2014, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: Sam W ]

miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

So NO DIRECT contact with genitals but ejaculated near the vagina means they're naked or they did something with no barriers but their genitals did not came close?
sorry for the bother

Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

I think this article may help you understand what types of contact pose a pregnancy risk and what kinds don't (and what we mean by direct contact)
http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/10/t/002611.html#000000

miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

Icon 5 posted      Profile for miyukime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a less paranoid now thank you.and i hope i can have a peace of mind that there's no such thing as pregnancy with clothing on even with fluids because there's no direct(as in no barriers at all)contact of the genitals.

but may i ask, what if both clothes were soaked with that fluids, does that make an exception?sorry for my curiosity.

thank you for being patient

Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no exception for that.

As you can see in our Human Reproduction article Sam linked you to above, the process of reproduction is quite complex and requires specific circumstances. For sperm to get to an ovum (egg), they have to travel there. They need some help to travel: they have to be in their liquid, semen, and the semen needs some kind of propulsion into and up the vagina.

Semen on clothes is not going anywhere. Soaked, wet and soggy clothes will just be soaked, wet and soggy clothes, and will have zero to do with reproduction [Smile]

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

sorry for asking again T.T
but i was starting to calm myself until i saw on sexetc.org(i dunno if i got the website right) hat someone posted a comment saying she got pregnant 8 weeks old from dry sex fully clothed!she even said that her doctor told her that sperm can pass through clothing. there are some websites which you can ask a doctor, and that doctor said it is possible that the sperm can travel through clothing?pls. i know what we did is not dry sex but sorry i'm getting confused again.
im so sorry if im starting to annoy all of you T.T
i'm just really easy to freak out

Heather
Member # 3

Reading things somewhere else does not change our answers here. Especially when what you are reading are not studies, but unmoderated, unidentified anecdotes.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

Icon 4 posted      Profile for miyukime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
something happened. we were making out again.heavier than the usual.he has boxers and pants,i have highwaisted pants,thin shorts, and undies.the he started rubbing his genitals on my leg!i stopped him when he rubbed it 3 times.i cannot pregnant from that but he wet his boxers more than the usual(he said)but it didn't wet his pants. im so worried my period is late.and also our genitals came close often due to hugging
Molias
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 101745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Molias     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you're describing here is no different, risk-wise, than what we've covered already in this thread.

Since this sort of activity is clearly causing you a lot of distress, maybe you could talk to your partner about not engaging in any sort of genital rubbing for now, so you won't have to worry so much while you get a handle on these fears?

Posts: 1352 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

thank you so much.
i told him that and he said he was sorry and he will not do that again.
there's still no risk right?

--------------------
20loves12

Heather
Member # 3

What did Molias just tell you?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

miyukime
Neophyte
Member # 109836

i got my period now and i'm quite relieved.
so sorry for being paranoid but i need one las assurance
this period isn't implantation or decidual bleeding right since i pose no risk?

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.