Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Nipple Soreness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nipple Soreness
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovinLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I just noticed my nipples were quite sore and I was wondering what this could be from. I am on birth control, haven't missed any or been late for any. I don't believe I'm pregnant but I was wondering if maybe my breasts are growing?? I really have no idea, all the internet keeps telling me is that it's from pregnancy but like I said, I'm on the pill and been using it perfectly. Thanks so much.

--------------------
In Love

Posts: 57 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nipple soreness can be caused by many things. Your hormones are probably fluctuating differently from normal since you are on birth control-- often the drop in hormones during the placebo week will incur changes in your body you're not used to.

You may also want to pay attention to your clothing-- if you've bought a new bra or have started using different laundry detergent, that may also be your culprit. Sometimes a new type of fabric or chemicals can irritate that area.

[ 07-22-2009, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Horizon ]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovinLife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply. I am not on my placebo week, I am right in the middle of my pack...is there anythign else that could cause this? I don't think I have had a viable risk for pregnancy considering the fact I haven't missed any pills or been late for any. Just getting a little concerned as to why they are so sore. Thanks
Posts: 57 | From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

I'm still uncertain as to this soreness, they seem to be getting worse and pregnancy is of course popping into my mind even though I know that it would be too early to notice any symptoms and I have been taking my pill perfectly. Any ideas?
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, it's very difficult to tell what might be the cause of this - so many different things can cause nipple soreness. If you've recently started on the pill, it could be a side effect of that; as Horizon said, switching laundry detergents or wearing a new bra could be the culprit. If you're concerned about this, the best person to talk to is your doctor.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5721 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

Thanks so much and sorry for bugging you buuut now I'm getting worried that I may be pregnant...My boyfriend and I had sex two weeks ago and he ejaculated in me. Like I said, I haven't missed any pills and I haven't been late for any. I am supposed to get my period in just over a week. I am also having a lot of white discharge, more than usual. I'm sure I'm just overreacting, just a little reassurance that I can't be pregnant would be appreciated. Thanks so much, sorry again.
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's extremely unlikely you're pregnant. If you don't want to take our word for it, it has been long enough that you can expect an accurate result from a pregnancy test.

If your discharge is very thick of smells funny, it could be a sign of an infection, but it sounds like plain old normal discharge.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovinLife
Activist
Member # 39347

haha, thanks so much [Smile] I feel so stupid when I think of pregnancy as a reason for my problems. Thank you so much for your quick reply. [Smile]

--------------------
In Love

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.