Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » fluids come back out again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: fluids come back out again
moa
Neophyte
Member # 43102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi. i was wondering.. after my boyfriend would finish in me, about five seconds later all his fluid would just pour back out again.. it never used to happen, it just started a few months ago. and same with queefing. at about the same time. why is this happening? is there anything i can do to stop it or fix it?
Posts: 4 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's called gravity. And not only is there nothing we can do about it, since it'd involve all of us floating off the planet, we probably don't want to do anything about it. [Smile]

It's normal for semen to run out of the vagina after intercourse. Semen is the fluid that both balances out the pH of vaginal fluids for sperm viability and which carries sperm to the cervical opening: once they're there, they don't need semen anymore. If it never used to happen before, you may not have been noticing, or your partner simply may not have been ejaculating much, or at all. Too, you may see more semen run out during different times of your fertility cycle, because of the fluidity or stickiness of vaginal secretions: they aren't always the same.

"Queefing" happens when air is pushed into the vaginal canal. Some positions can cause that to happen for some women more than others, and not using enough lube can sometimes impact that, too. But it's nothing to worry about: it's a common thing.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moa
Neophyte
Member # 43102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so if i dont get out of bed, and stay laying on my back, it wont come out until i stand up?
Posts: 4 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I pour water into a cup and don't tip it in any way, the water is going to stay in there.

However, when you're laying on your back, your vagina is not sitting like a straight-up cup, but like a tilted one. Now, if you were doing a headstand.... then, yes. But I'm not sure why you'd do that.

Can I ask why you are feeling concerned about this?

[ 06-29-2009, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a reason you're concerned about this?

Standing up or moving around is likely to speed the process of fluids coming back out. If you stay laying, then it may not leak out as much until you start moving about...but there still may be some even laying down.

(Heather beat me to it. [Smile] )

[ 06-29-2009, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moa
Neophyte
Member # 43102

just because right after we finish, i have to run right to the bathroom because it starts to pour out from between my legs, all over my legs. and it makes it very awkward, and grosses both of us out. i cant even have after-sex cuddle, because it gets in the way. it's awfully irritating.
Heather
Member # 3

Yeah, but that's just part of how it goes.

You have a couple options if you don't like this as-is. You can keep tissues or wipes wherever it is you usually have sex for this purpose. Or, your partner can use condoms so that it's a non-issue.

But I would advise both of you re-thinking your thinking on considering it gross. Sex is messy. It often involves at least some fluids: sweat, saliva, vaginal secretions, ejaculate, sometimes even blood, urine or tears. If sex itself isn't gross (and I don't think it is), then the aspects of our bodies that sex engages or produces shouldn't be gross either, you know?

[ 06-30-2009, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

moa
Neophyte
Member # 43102

yea, got it. not too shabby.
thanks for replying so quickly, and well. i appreciate it [Smile]

Heather
Member # 3

Happy to be of help. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.