Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pregnant? please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnant? please help!
susanh
Neophyte
Member # 42938

Icon 5 posted      Profile for susanh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, in the beginning of March I had unprotected sex for about 5 seconds. Then I got scared and he pulled out. About 2 seconds after he pulled out a little precum came out of him. He promises he didnt precum in me put how can I be sure!? I have had what seems to be 4 normal periods since then, all when they were supposed to come, and with all the pre-menstrual symptoms that usually come with my periods(cramping, bloating, breast tenderness) I have also taken 6 pregnancy tests, all NEGATIVE. I have gained a little weight in my stomach but I have recently quit soccer and its not hard like a baby bump, I can suck it in and squeeze it together and stuff. I would be about 15 weeks pregnant by now. Should I still be worrying?? I can't stop. please help me.

--------------------
susanh

Posts: 4 | From: Xenia, OH | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to point out, first, that pre-cum release isn't something that a guy can control or something that he's necessarily aware of. So, it is possible that you had a risk via pre-ejaculate.

BUT. You've had four regular periods since and 6 negative pregnancy tests. One of each should be enough to tell you that you're not pregnant. There's absolutely no reason for you to worry about pregnancy at this point.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susanh
Neophyte
Member # 42938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susanh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I should no longer be worried, but I cant help it. Is there absolutley no way I am pregnant? For three months I have been worried non-stop. I just want it to be over.

--------------------
susanh

Posts: 4 | From: Xenia, OH | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's very clear that you are not pregnant.

But if the negative tests and the periods don't convince you (and they really should), you do have the option of seeing your OB/GYN or general doctor to verify that for you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susanh
Neophyte
Member # 42938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susanh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its just that ive read about how girls can have vaginal bleeding and mistake it for a period throughout thier pregnancy. And also that tests can be wrong. Another thing that is worrying me is that my stomach has been getting bigger latley and feels bloated all the time. how big would I be by 15 weeks?

--------------------
susanh

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both of those scenarios -- bleeding through a pregnancy at the exact times of a period, and getting a false negative -- are the exception, not the rule. And both happening, especially with several periods and several tests? Not at all likely.

At 15 weeks, you would have likely spent months before feeling really tired, often getting nauseated or sick, have had very tender breasts pretty constantly, a lot of mood swings, etc. Some women start to show at 15 weeks, others don't at all: there is a range because all pregnancies are different and women's bodies vary so much. Point is, though, this far into the game you'd have been feeling a lot more than merely bloated.

What you would NOT have had is four normal periods and many negative tests. truly. But if you remain unconvinced, it's probably time to just go to your doctor and ask for a doctor's test and to get a check-up.

I'd also suggest you stop reading about pregnancy: it sounds to me like you're freaking yourself out. If we obsess about the symptoms of anything it can be easy to convince ourselves we have it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susanh
Neophyte
Member # 42938

okay but one last question. if I were pregnant and was starting to show would it jiggle when I hit it and would I be able to squeeze it together and suck it in, or would it be hard and firm?

--------------------
susanh

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.