Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Please suggest !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please suggest !
alchemist007
Neophyte
Member # 42501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alchemist007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago. Last week a strange thing happened. Her period occurred again after 5-6 days from the day it stopped initially. This too was period with flow and pain.Lasted 3 days. She had taken an iPill around a week before re-occurrence. O'wise the cycle has been around 30 days only.

What could be the reason for this imbalance ? Shall we go and see a doctor ?

PS: Home taken HCG test came negative taken next morning after we had unprotected sex.

[ 04-05-2009, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: alchemist007 ]

--------------------
Alchemist
I love not Man the less, but the Nature more.

Posts: 2 | From: India | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little confused by the timeline, and I'm uncertain what you mean by an iPill. Can you please explain what pill she took? Do you mean that she took this pill after the unprotected sex and then had a period a week later?

As for the pregnancy test, you can't count on that to be accurate because pregnancy takes a few days to complete. You have to wait until it's been around 10-14 days after the risk for a test to yield accurate results.

[ 04-05-2009, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: orca ]

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alchemist007
Neophyte
Member # 42501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alchemist007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Orca,

Thanks for your reply.

iPill is an over the counter contraceptive pill available anywhere in India. She took after an earlier unprotected sex, which was during her periods as per normal cycle.

We had unprotected sex again after a week she took the iPill. That's when her period started again and lasted for 3 days with normal pain and flow.

Hope this sequential diagram would help you to understand it better :

unprotected sex during periods, followed by iPill >> 6-7 days gone by >> unprotected sex again, same night periods restarted >> next morning HCG tested negative.

--------------------
Alchemist
I love not Man the less, but the Nature more.

Posts: 2 | From: India | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orca
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so then if I understand correctly, it's been around two weeks since the most recent unprotected sex? If that's so, then she can go ahead and take a pregnancy test and it should yield accurate results. It's not uncommon for emergency contraception to cause an early period, and that's most likely what's going on here. You both have had a STI risk from having unprotected sex, so you both will want to get full STI screens.

Have the two of you thought about using some more consistent form of birth control for the future? We have a birth control guide (Birth Control Bingo!) that the two of you can work through and see if you can find something that works well for both of you. We'd also be glad to assist you in doing so and in answering any questions that may arise.

--------------------
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.