Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Plan B- possibility of being pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plan B- possibility of being pregnant?
Valencia
Neophyte
Member # 41677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valencia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay this is a long one.

On December 6th my boyfriend and I had sex. We used a condom, but it slipped off and stayed in me. He came on my leg, but i was worried that maybe some got in me. I took plan B within an hour of it happening as im not on birthcontrol (stupid i know) i removed the condom. no big deal. 5 days later I had like brown discharge a bit, it went on for almost 4 days. It got darker and more period like slowly and on the 3rd day I got cramps like the first day of my period and enough bleeding to use a pad, i think a clot or two as well. Then the next morning..nothing. My period had ended a week before and by rights...if its a 28 day cycle ( i vary) i wasn't ovulating until the 8th. Was that my period that I had..or was it just the bit left over from my last cycle. I'm not supposed to get my next period till the 27th...but Im so stressed out right now, i think it will be late or not at all...which will make me more stressed and i just don't know what to do. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and 3 days before that and they came back negative. My breasts are a little sore, but nothing like they normally are. I haven't gained any weight..infact i lost some due to stress. Am I pregnant? is there a chance I could be. I'm just so nervous and i really need something to put my mind to ease. Any advice? Also my period the month before took 35 days to come, I'm at uni so i peg it on stress...but i got hardly any cramps but clotting...a pregnancy test would pick up if i was pregnant already...like 4 weeks? it would wouldn't it?

Posts: 36 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just FYI, menses is so much more than blood, and clotting really doesn't happen. When you see something that looks like a clot, it's usually just endometrial tissue. Sometimes flow isn't as fluid as at others is all.

It's common for Plan B to cause changes in menstrual patterns for a bit or unexplained bleeding. So, it's tough to say if that was your period, but it sounds more likely it was just some bleeding from the EC.

It also sounds VERY unlikely you are pregnant. You may not have even had a risk in the first place, you used EC AND you've had two negative tests, and yes, by now, had you become pregnant, you should have seen a positive result.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.