Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » swollen :[

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: swollen :[
sunsetbaby
Neophyte
Member # 39170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunsetbaby         Edit/Delete Post 
So today I was itchy "down there", and being by myself, I took care of the itch. Well, the itch was on one of the inner lips on my vagina.. and soon after it started getting really irritated to the point where it would burn if I touched it. Now, that side feels pretty swollen. I tried looking with a mirror, and all I could see was that it was really red. I didn't see any sores or anything, but I'm a little worried. I can walk just fine.. and I haven't had sex with any strangers. In fact, I haven't had intercourse at all. What could this be? I'm scared it's herpes or something serious.
Posts: 17 | From: hello! | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You don't have to have intercourse to get a vaginal infection. They can also be caused by bacteria, or an allergy. So if you're itchy and red and swollen, you'll want to make an appointment with your GP or gyn to get that checked out.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunsetbaby
Neophyte
Member # 39170

Yeah, I know that. I was referring more to herpes when I was talking about intercourse. I'm just curious as to what kind of infection it is because it's not spreading and it's only on one side. I went camping for a week and got back about 2 days ago. Could that have something to do with it?
Posts: 17 | From: hello! | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For you to get genital herpes, you'd have had to be in contact with someone who was having a herpes outbreak. So that doesn't seem like an option here.

Beyond that, we really cannot diagnose you via the internet, so you'll really just have to call your doctor and make an appointment.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunsetbaby
Neophyte
Member # 39170

Thanks! I feel a lot more at ease. It's gotten better now too.. so I'm even less worried.

I'm curious about something though. For the past few days, whenever I've gotten fingered, it makes me feel as if I need to pee really badly. I heard this has something to do with the "G" spot.. but I haven't had this feeling before. Is it normal?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.