Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » implantation bleeding?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: implantation bleeding?
Member # 39228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyboom         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey you guys!

So, first off, I should explain that my period has been all over the place for a really long time.. so I can never keep track of my cycle or when it's due (blame it on the PCOS). Anyways, it's been 12 days since my boyfriend and I messed around (no sex, just messing around with clothes on), and being my paranoid self, I'm a little scared about being pregnant. I had my last period on June 11th (26 day cycle?) and today in the afternoon, I found some dark brown discharge in my underwear that has turned pinkish-red. And it's not like little spots here and there.. the brown discharge was thick and sticky (TMI.. sorry).

Could this be implantation bleeding? I've taken two pregnancy tests.. one a few days ago and the other today and both came out negative. Any thoughts?

[ 07-08-2008, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: monkeyboom ]

Posts: 6 | From: NC | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey monkeyboom. Welcome to Scarleteen. [Smile]

If you were both wearing clothes, then you most likely didn't have a risk to begin with. Since you took that second test 12 days after the risk, then you can trust the results of it to be accurate. (For future use, you have to wait 10-14 days after a given risk for a test to yield accurate results.)

It could be that you are starting your period, though if you chart your discharge and this discharge seems abnormal to you, then it might not be a bad idea to give your gynecologist a call and ask about it.

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Posts: 2726 | From: North America | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 39228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monkeyboom         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, orca. =]

I figured 12 days would be enough for the pregnancy test would be accurate. The bleeding is getting redder, so I think it's my period. I don't think implantation bleeding is supposed to be red, right?

Posts: 6 | From: NC | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy tests are accurate at 10 to 14 days after the risk, so you waited long enough to take it and it should have given you a correct result.

Also, implantation bleeding is really light spotting that only lasts for a day or two, so if your bleeding has been going on longer than that, and is heavier than that, it likely is your period.

Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.