Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Should I be Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Should I be Worried
Britt-Britt-Luvz-Ya
Neophyte
Member # 38000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britt-Britt-Luvz-Ya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well im already stressing about this! But my period has not been normal it was off for like 8 or 9 months(i just started like a year ago) then it just came on the 26 of may it went of that saturday but it was still brown stuff until that sunday so did it got off sunday or sat? and i dont really know how the cycle goes since i just got it back but i had sex the 11th of june well it was 12:am so i guess it would be the 12th but im really worried because i think i might be/or get pregnant because he enjected in me (I think because the condom broke but he said he had pulled out but i still had to wipe sperm from down there)and the sperm stays in the body. Im trying to stop thinking about it until my period is skipped or if it comes on!So is there a good possibility i am? Some people say the morning after pill what is that? what does it do? Im only 14 so how would i get it

--------------------
Britt-Britt!

Posts: 25 | From: Reidsville | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not quite clear on what happened here, but if you had a condom break, or it was not used for all contact, then you have a viable pregnancy risk and I would advise emergency contraception.

You can get it at your age by getting a prescription from any doctor, clinic or even the ER. You'll want to jump on that tomorrow, though, since seeing someone on Sunday will be tough, and by Monday it may be too late.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67996 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Britt-Britt-Luvz-Ya
Neophyte
Member # 38000

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Britt-Britt-Luvz-Ya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What part are you not clear on?

--------------------
Britt-Britt!

Posts: 25 | From: Reidsville | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could not tell from your post if the condom broke or not, or what relevance your periods before the risk had. But IF the condom did break and/or IF you had a partner ejaculate inside you, then you have had a high risk of pregnancy.

I mentioned how you could get emergency contraception -- a method of hormonal contraception, like the pill but useable only 120 hours after a risk, which can reduce the risk by around 75-89%. If you need more information on it, you can get that here -- Emergency Contraception (Plan B or the Morning-After-Pill) -- but you really do need to hop on it if you want it, prefarably today.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67996 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared and concerned
Neophyte
Member # 38956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared and concerned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if this is where I post my question related to this topic or respond to the previous one?
Posts: 2 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scared and concerned
Neophyte
Member # 38956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scared and concerned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if this is where I put up my question or respond to a previous one, but my understanding is that only experts can relpy therefore it must be where I explain my situation. I had a normal period starting on the 28th of April. My boyfriend and I then had sex in early May the condom slipped off when he pulled out and I was paranoid and took EC it happened again 2 days later and I took 8 birth control pills, 2 doses of 4 12 hours apart. I do not normally take birth control pills but still had an extra pack because I used to. Then I read online how you can do this if EC was not available so I did because I didnt want to feel stupid since it was only 2 days after I took the EC the first time. Then on the 14th of May I started bleeding, at first it was just a light pink spot and I freaked because I had been reading about implantation bleeding but then it got darker brown and then red with clots like a normal period it filled several tampons and lasted 4-5 days which is how long my normal periods last it gradually got lighter and then stopped. At this point we thought we were in the clear but just to be safe we talked about it and decided not to have sex again until I go back on the Depo shot which I was also previously on. However it is now the 15th of June there have been 33 days since the onset of my last bleeding. I have felt twinges and very mild aching/cramping in my abdomen and last week-ish I had increased discharge that was thicker and whiter than normal I have heard that both of these can be signs of ovulation but i'm just not sure if i am psyching myself out and just believing that I feel or see these things.If I am then from what I have read I should not expect my period for about another two weeks. All of these sites say that there should be bleeding after EC and then to expect your period like normal. my problem is in figuring if by normal they mean the new schedule starting with the bleeding right after the EC or if they mean as normal like the timeline before the EC. If the latter is the case then my period wouldnt be due until the end of this month which would make my suspicions of ovulation accurate. As you can see I am quite confused and exteremly scared because right now I am working two jobs as well as going back to college in the fall and am planning on pursuing a career as a lawyer. I always thought I was smarter than this but I guess accidents happen however having a baby is not an option for me and neither is abortion. I know I need to be more responsible in this way which is why I am waiting on my period so intently to schedule my appointment to go on the Depo shot again. I am exteremly scared because I have not gotton my period yet, I am so scared that I could not bring my self to even take a pregnancy test because I don't know what I would do if it were positive. I really hope you can make something out of this mess I have typed and hopefully give me some advice and some expert experience of the chances of me being pregnant?
Posts: 2 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scared and Concerned - you can post a topic of your own by clicking on the "New Topic" button at the top of the page.

Taking EC once is already a huge dose of hormones, enough for your cycle to be out of whack for a couple of months. So taking two doses of EC within such a short amount of time is only going to affect you more.

Everybody reacts differently to EC, as well. One person may just spot lightly and then go on to have regular periods, the next person may skip a period and then go back to normal, and the next person may have delayed or odd periods for two or three months. There is really no way to predict that, so you'll just have to wait it out.

You did take EC soon after your risks, so your chances of pregnancy are minimal here, but if you are still concerned, why don't you go ahead and take a test? Knowing for sure is always better than freaking yourself out and there really isn't much of a chance that you got pregnant, so you can only gain from taking that test.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9177 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.